If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

New claim

karen1812karen1812 Member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi all I asked a question earlier this week about applying for PIP before my husband comes out of hospital hopefully 8th March. I looked on line for the number and it says the person must be present while making a claim. So how do I start the process without brian being at home ?


  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 491 Pioneering
    edited February 20
    Are you able to visit him in hospital and do it while you are with him? 0nce you get through (which could be a while) the call only involves giving name, address, NI number, GP and consultant details and bank account details. He only has to be present in order to confirm that he is happy for you to speak on his behalf.

    As Mike picked up on your other thread he can only claim now if he has had the health impacts for three months already and expects to be impacted for 9 months going forward. I apologise for not stating that in my original post.

    I recall that your original post said he went into hospital on 2nd December so if that was the result of a sudden event on that day it would not be appropriate to claim until 2nd March in which case waiting until he is discharged on the 8th, if all goes to plan, will not make much difference.

    Whether or not PIPis appropriate in respect of the 9 month forward looking test will depend on what is expected in terms of recovery.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • karen1812karen1812 Member Posts: 17 Listener
    Thank you calcotti for your feed back much appreciated and mikes feed back no I have not seen brian since the 2nd December, I know that brians recovery is going to be a long long road he had bad legs before the SAH think that has just finished them off. I will wait until he comes home before going for pip. 
Sign in or join us to comment.