Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Michelle16! I've been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis, and am in pain. Anyone else?
After suffering on and off with bad backs for years 2020 was a nightmare, I had Bursitis , first on the right and then the left then ended up with sciatica on the left side, have never felt such excruciating pain , couldn't walk ended up having to use crutches , my GP was very good and referred me to the hospital but as covid was doing the rounds I had a telephone consultation and an appointment was made for an MRI. Luckily my GP had the results and informed me I had Spinal Stenosis and needed to be under the hosipital. I received a hospital appointment which was cancelled then another which should have been this month but was cancelled , both were due to the covid virus , which I totally understand. I try to go for a walk everyday , some days easier than others but always gradually bending forward and in pain by the time I return home. My left leg always seems to be the problem although I have a trapped nerve on the right. Sorry if I have rambled on ,just feel relieved to know I am not on my own.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.