ZOOM MEETINGS ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ZOOM MEETINGS ?

Options
Supernanma
Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Hi has anyone got any advice on this app? I know I have to click on the link sent but I can't hear anyone. My volume is on high,  also in Tai chi classes I want to see just the instructor not everyone else. What am I missing? Couldn't see a mute/ unmute sign either. Got so annoyed with it I left the class. Anything anyone can help me with? Thank you. 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Supernanma have you clicked on the audio button at the left hand side of the screen down the bottom to allow audio  I just learnt this lol ?
  • Supernanma
    Options
    No, I didn't see that... Technology is confusing me these days. I will have a look at that @lisathomas50
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    If you're on a tablet you need to press he centre of the screen so the options at the bottom pop up.? 

Sometimes you flick through the vewi settings and sometimes you click a menu..... Hmmmm wonder if there's any tutorials onlinr? 

I'd recomend having a few zoom calls with friends and having a practise as no, I don't think it's obvious to be honest. I think what's tricky for me is that it's different on laptop to tablet and to phone... I had a call where my laptop failed and I went onto my phone was like 'what?!'... 

But.... Had a bit of practise now and it's much easier. 

Zoom (Teams can go cook itself frankly) has enabled me to do so much that I wouldn't have been able to do such as join committees, be a trustee on two boards, do training and alsorts online... So worth any latie ce we can scrape together I think.
    Best of luck and if you find the answers do pass them on! ?? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Supernanma I am on the job support scheme on scope and been learning new things on my laptop 

I kept forgetting to allow the audio sound to come in lol ? 

Now I remember lol 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Yeah you can mute other members' audio, and turn off their cameras I think.. For some reason my Taekwondo instructor mutes me every lesson.

• Supernanma
    Options
    mossycow  Thank you so very much for the information. I will try that. I will master the darn thing. I must remember it to curse when it annoys me. Lol xx

• Supernanma
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 that made me chuckle. I'm not sure if I get muted... I hope so to be honest. I do get a little testy when I can't get it right. ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 that made me chuckle. I'm not sure if I get muted... I hope so to be honest. I do get a little testy when I can't get it right. ?
    Yeah I'll be online in a bit for tonight's lesson.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.