ZOOM MEETINGS ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ZOOM MEETINGS ?

Supernanma
Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Hi has anyone got any advice on this app? I know I have to click on the link sent but I can't hear anyone. My volume is on high,  also in Tai chi classes I want to see just the instructor not everyone else. What am I missing? Couldn't see a mute/ unmute sign either. Got so annoyed with it I left the class. Anything anyone can help me with? Thank you. 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Supernanma have you clicked on the audio button at the left hand side of the screen down the bottom to allow audio  I just learnt this lol ?
  • Supernanma
    No, I didn't see that... Technology is confusing me these days. I will have a look at that @lisathomas50
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    If you're on a tablet you need to press he centre of the screen so the options at the bottom pop up.? 

Sometimes you flick through the vewi settings and sometimes you click a menu..... Hmmmm wonder if there's any tutorials onlinr? 

I'd recomend having a few zoom calls with friends and having a practise as no, I don't think it's obvious to be honest. I think what's tricky for me is that it's different on laptop to tablet and to phone... I had a call where my laptop failed and I went onto my phone was like 'what?!'... 

But.... Had a bit of practise now and it's much easier. 

Zoom (Teams can go cook itself frankly) has enabled me to do so much that I wouldn't have been able to do such as join committees, be a trustee on two boards, do training and alsorts online... So worth any latie ce we can scrape together I think.
    Best of luck and if you find the answers do pass them on! ?? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Supernanma I am on the job support scheme on scope and been learning new things on my laptop 

I kept forgetting to allow the audio sound to come in lol ? 

Now I remember lol 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Yeah you can mute other members' audio, and turn off their cameras I think.. For some reason my Taekwondo instructor mutes me every lesson.

• Supernanma
    mossycow  Thank you so very much for the information. I will try that. I will master the darn thing. I must remember it to curse when it annoys me. Lol xx

• Supernanma
    @MrAllen1976 that made me chuckle. I'm not sure if I get muted... I hope so to be honest. I do get a little testy when I can't get it right. ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    @MrAllen1976 that made me chuckle. I'm not sure if I get muted... I hope so to be honest. I do get a little testy when I can't get it right. ?
    Yeah I'll be online in a bit for tonight's lesson.

Brightness