Interviewed by compliance officer about my estranged husband visiting my home. What happens next? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interviewed by compliance officer about my estranged husband visiting my home. What happens next?

Options
rowan1
rowan1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was intervewed last week by a compliance officer about my estranged husband visiting my home at weekends we have an autistic child and he calls to see him  my estranged husband owns his own home and resides there most of the week he also owns my home but i dont pay him rent  i was asked a lot of questions i was asked these questions 6 years ago and i answered them all honestly as i did on the phone call why are they asking these again im not doing anything i shouldnt do and after the last time i was interveiwed i assumed they knew that my sons father visited  here im now on my pension and pension credit i phoned pension credit on fri and was told it didnt matter who visitrd my house ive been sent a statement to sign to send back what will happen next can anyone help

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @rowan1. I'm sorry you're having to deal with the stress of this. It sounds like they may be assuming you and your estranged-husband are a couple and potentially living together.
    If he has his own home and can evidence this (bills showing utility usage would be a good start) then you shouldn't need to worry. 
    What was the statement they asked you to sign?

It's my understanding that if they don't believe any wrong-doing then you won't hear any further from them.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • rowan1
    Options
    Just stating that he stayed at weekends and that he owned the house that we where good freinds but not in a relationship that we did go on hols as freinds
  • rowan1
    Options
    Ive been asked these questions 6 years ago i gave same answers ihavent always been on benefit i have worked now i get my state pension and pension credit i phoned pension credit and they said i was ok 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I’m not a benefit expert but they could just be checking in because you was looked at 6 years ago or some one could of said some thing to them or it could just be a random check . If he has his own house and can prove that with bills ect then I don’t see there being any problem . 

I remember years ago my friend has some thing similar happen to her her neighbours reported her and she got looked into they just asked her partner to prove he had his own place and it was all ok .  

• rowan1
    Options
    Cupcake 88 thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.