What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I've been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. Am I entitled to disability allowance?

Michelle16Michelle16 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Spinal Stonosis, I have had an MRI but no follow up due to covid , 2 appointments cancelled so don't really know what I am supposed to do apart from keep going for a walk which I try to do daily some days a bit further than others but always need to sit for a bit when I get back. Any advice please. I have also read somewhere that I could apply for disability allowance is this correct 
Tagged:

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

You can apply for PIP which is all about how your disability affects your daily living things like cooking , bathing , dressing, communication   finances, reading and your mobility 

Have a look in our PIP section for advice 

As for other benefits it's hard to advise without knowing your circumstances eg work , living arrangements , savings and so on 

You could use a benefit calculator found on here also to see what you may be entitled to 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Listener
    Yes, I've had that all my life (nearly 45 years) and have been on various disability related benefits including currently on enhanced PIP.

You need to contact your local branch of the Benefits Office and have a word.

• julieb192804julieb192804 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm having my nerve conducting test finally, in a week, so much pain. I never thought of applying for any benefits till I read this. wouldn't know where to start. any advice would be good. thankyou 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,637 Disability Gamechanger
    The starting point will depend on how long you have had your pain; what it derives from; what the prognosis is etc. The answers to those will determine to some extent what might be available to you. 
  • julieb192804julieb192804 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    thankyou. il wait for the results, which is a face to face consultation, 2wks after the nerve test.. I already have my results from my mri scan. I have had this problem for over 5years it's taken this long to actually sort something 
  • mariequirkmariequirk Member Posts: 34 Connected
    Following this, I have the same problem with cervical and lumber. Iv had both mri done I can have injections in lumber but not cervical only surgery. 

Any advice much appreciated. 
Sign in or join us to comment.