Interviews on energy providers - £30 voucher (now closed) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interviews on energy providers - £30 voucher (now closed)

James_Scope
James_Scope Scope Posts: 16 Courageous

Hi guys! Scope are looking for some disabled people (and parents and carers of disabled people) to take part in a research project about energy providers and the priority services register. At the moment, it's just for people in or near London. As a thank you for your time and effort, there is a £30 eGift card for all participants. The £30 can be spent online or in store, and won't affect any benefits that you might receive.

Scope are doing some research on energy providers, and how we can make sure that disabled people are put first. Some energy providers or companies have a priority services register, which is a free service that makes sure that disabled people get access to the services they need. For example, being on the priority service register might mean that you get letters with large font, or advanced warning about a planned outage, or priority during a power cut. 

We want to work out how many disabled people are aware of this service, and how the system could be improved. I’m hoping to set up one to one interview with disabled people in London to talk about your experiences of energy companies. You don’t necessarily have to have heard or used a priority service register, and I want a mix of participants to take part. 

If you take part, you would have a chat for an hour with my Scope colleague Kate (who is Scope’s Audience and Market Insight Lead). It will be a relaxed chat with no right or wrong answers, and you don’t have to do anything to prepare. By taking part, you would help Scope’s understanding of what support disabled people need from energy companies. We can then fight to make things better. The £30 eGift card would be emailed to you after the session.

If you're interested in taking part, reply to this discussion or email me via researchpanel@scope.org.uk. All our research projects are completely optional, and never affect any other service that Scope offers. We're always happy to make reasonable adjustments to allow you to take part and feel comfortable. Thanks guys!

James from Scope

James Roscow
Panel Lead, Scope

Here East Press Centre
14 East Bay Lane, Stratford, East London
E15 2GW

Click here to join Scope's Research Panel 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @James_Scope, I live in London and would like to participate in the Research Project about energy providers. Thank you. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Oxonlady said:
    Hi @James_Scope, I live in London and would like to participate in the Research Project about energy providers. Thank you. 
    I recommend sending an email to the email address specified or your reply might get missed. 
  • James_Scope
    I would think that if they were serious about accessibility and the PSR the first thing they would do would be to not target people in major urban centres! 
    Hi Mike - I can't disagree with you on that one, it is really important to make sure that we hear from people outside of major urban centres! For this project in particular, we're trying to work out why London is a bit different to the rest of the country. Hopefully we'll be able to expand this research soon into other areas

MarkN88 said:
    Oxonlady said:
    I recommend sending an email to the email address specified or your reply might get missed. 

Thanks very much Mark - @Oxonlady did indeed email me, and we've now arranged a session for her to take part. 

James Roscow
    Panel Lead, Scope

Here East Press Centre
    E15 2GW

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the emails sent to me look forward to joining the panel and look forward to the research hopefuly comeing to Wales 
  • James_Scope
    Thanks to everyone who took part in the project or showed their interest - we've now finished chatting with all the participants, so I'm making this as 'closed'. If you're interested in taking part in this sort of project in the future, you can email me via researchpanel@scope.org.uk. Thank you!

James from Scope
    James Roscow
    Panel Lead, Scope

Here East Press Centre
    E15 2GW

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.