Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Natalie and I am a Speech & Lang Sciences student!
I am Natalie , a student at Plymouth Marjon University looking into the view’s carers have about aphasia’s influence on maintaining friendships. There is clear evidence that the carers understanding of Aphasia and other communication disorders impacts the individual’s social communication abilities. This research interviews carers such as yourself, to investigate communication with older adults. The interview will cover topics such as the impact aphasia has on wellbeing, friendships and available support, or lack of.
The interview will take 30 minutes maximum, there will be 10 questions with the opportunity to elaborate. The interview will take place on Microsoft Teams. Your answers will be written down and recorded through teams, by the researcher. All answers will be anonymous. Your answers will be destroyed after August 2021 when the dissertation has been completed. You can withdraw at any time throughout the interview, with the further opportunity to withdraw until February 28th 2021.
The results from the study will be published in an undergraduate dissertation, reviewed by a supervisor. If you participate you cannot be sent the results of the study as you will anonymous and contact details will not be known. Confidentially will be protected throughout the research. You Will not be identifiable because your personal data is not required for this study and all your opinions will be anonymous.
Thanks for your interest in the study and for reading the information sheet. If you are willing to be a part of this research and available for the interview you will need to sign the attached consent form in order to participate. Confirmation of the consent form is required to participate in the study.
Questions and concerns about the study can be sent to myself via email –
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments