Change-over to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Change-over to PIP

ashy_udd Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all
We're in the process of moving our daughter's claim over from DLA  to PIP.
I wanted to ask, can you give too much information when filling out the forms?
We're (mum & dad) sat here writing, then rewriting, then erasing then adding and, we don't want it to be where we write so much that they think, "Wow, we don't wanna be reading novels!" 
So, We're all ears on what you have to say.
A BIG thank you in advance



  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,311 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

    The best way to fill the form is to take each descriptor and give 2 real examples of what happens when she tries to do the task 

    How she does it , does she need help or any aids.  Can she do it if not why not.  Have there been any consequences when trying to do it eg accidents, extreme fatigue or pain . Cab she di the task safely reliably and repeatedly 

    You could include a daily diary as evidence or a supporting statement from someone who sees her carry out her daily activities 

    Remember to put ni number on anything you send in 

    Good luck there is lots of advice in our PIP section you might find helpful 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,706 Disability Gamechanger
    And where possible send relevant and as recent as possible evidence, i.e letters from consultants etc, don't assume that they will contact anybody as they rarely do, you can also phone and ask for more time if needed and they usually give you an extra 2 weeks.
    Good luck and welcome to scope @ashy_udd

    Be extra nice to new members.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.