Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder and LCWRA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gemma22 thanks for your request, we'll action that shortly for you. I hope you enjoy your evening :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Gemma22
    Gemma22 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to this forum. I was just wondering if anyone out there who has Body Dysmorphic Disorder on LCWR? I have suffered from BDD for over 20 years and it has a huge impact on all areas of my life and it’s really debilitating. I also suffer from depression and OCD. I am currently on Universal Credit and after my work Capability assessment, they placed me in the LCW group. I have been unable to work for the past several years due to my BDD. When I asked UC to send me their assessment, I felt that some of it was incorrect. Some things weren’t true. Has anyone out there suffering from BDD to the extent they’re unable to work, challenged a decision (a Mandatory Reconsideration/Appeal) and have been successful?

Thanks,

N

• Gemma22
    Gemma22 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Coffee Pot . Hi . Reading this was like reading it as if i had written it myself. We are on the exact same page . How can we chat privately? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,272 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Gemma22 said:
    Coffee Pot . Hi . Reading this was like reading it as if i had written it myself. We are on the exact same page . How can we chat privately? 

Coffee Pot hasn't been active on here for 18 months so they may not reply to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • COFFEEPOT2000
    COFFEEPOT2000 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

Have just seen your message. I hope you are keeping well.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.