Problem with careco and mobility scooter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problem with careco and mobility scooter

Options
scootergirly
scootergirly Community member Posts: 18 Connected
I bought a mobility scooter from careco on the 14th February told them it needed to be lightweight to be stored in boot of car.purchased a li tech neon for £2000 put it together when it arrived a few days later and went out on it was chuffed.
I loaded it into car as I had been shown and motor moved about scratching chassis!
I wasn’t happy and complained and was told I should have put a clolth on it by showroom!
went to the complaint department and was told as it was only 16 days old I could have a credit note minus deduction for damages!
long story short I decided to live with scratches as mobility scooter worked fine or so I thought.
Then I had to take my daughter to hospital yesterday and got mobility scooter out of car and after a few minutes of driving it the motor started making a clunking sound and cut out!
The hospital trip was a nightmare as my daughter had to push me and scooter!
Rang the showroom of careco and was told to take it in which I did.
manager at store was very rude and accused me of damaging scooter I said it was obviously a manufacturer fault and was entitled to a refund she said she would send an engineer to my address in next few weeks and if I was liable I’d have to pay!
phoned citizens advice and scope and was told to put it in writing.
at a complete loss can’t sleep for worrying 
anybody else had problems with careco? 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.