Can I do a WCA again. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can I do a WCA again.

DollyMix00 Member Posts: 2 Listener

I had a WCA in November 2019, this failed and over the past 18 months ish, I gone through mandatory reconsiderations and the tribunal. Which all failed as I did not know that it only focuses on that day in November 2019 of the original WCA.

I have told my work coach that since my diagnosis of my condition, it is getting worse and I don't think I will ne able to work so asked how I could do the WCA again. She said I needed a new condition and my existing one, I need a letter from my GP explaining my condition is worse and also of my new illness, I'd need fit notes etc. 

My mental health, which would be the new condition, has been in rapid decline since my current illness diagnosis, plus I was dismissed from my job that I had been at for a long time, which didn't help either. The issue I have is I don't see my GP with regards to my current condition or the mental health issues. So I feel that they would not be in a position to help me as I don't see them. I do speak with a nurse at the hospital with regards to my illness and that nurse/department sort my medication.

So does anyone have any advice on how I get to do a WCA for a second time. Is it possible?

Sorry for the long post but wanted to give as much info as possible. 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,440 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    The infi you were given us correct you need to report a new condition on your journal and send in fit notes 

    The process will then start again when you get referred for WCA and get the forms you can state all your conditions not just the new one 

    You can put down on your form your nurse but will also need give details of your gp 

    Your gp should be sent copies of any treatment and medication you are prescribed anyway 

    Good luck hope it is better outcome 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.