Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi I'm marybry! ESA want receipts for money I've spent, but I haven't kept them. Any advice?

marybrymarybry Member Posts: 1 Listener
I've been in as a for a few years now and pip I received a large some of money 2years ago £70,000 to be exact I've lived on this money for two years paid rent council tax bills a few holiday,s money to my kids and grandkids home decor and just living really most of this money has gone and esa want receipts for everything I spent I do not keep receipts after a year so they are denying my claim have you any advice please


  • Tom70Tom70 Member Posts: 39 Connected
    Hi, welcome! I hope you get some good advice here, I’m sure you will
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome 

    I dont know what to suggest but it is perfectly normal that they ask for receipts to prove you haven't just got rid of the money so you can reclaim 

    Do you have or can you get bank statements that show spending maybe you could annotate what the spend was for 

    They will decide what is de9rwvation of capital and what isnt 

    You should get some expert advice maybe from welfare rights 
Sign in or join us to comment.