Hi I'm marybry! ESA want receipts for money I've spent, but I haven't kept them. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm marybry! ESA want receipts for money I've spent, but I haven't kept them. Any advice?

marybry
marybry Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've been in as a for a few years now and pip I received a large some of money 2years ago £70,000 to be exact I've lived on this money for two years paid rent council tax bills a few holiday,s money to my kids and grandkids home decor and just living really most of this money has gone and esa want receipts for everything I spent I do not keep receipts after a year so they are denying my claim have you any advice please

Comments

• Tom70
    Tom70 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Hi, welcome! I hope you get some good advice here, I’m sure you will
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome 

I dont know what to suggest but it is perfectly normal that they ask for receipts to prove you haven't just got rid of the money so you can reclaim 

Do you have or can you get bank statements that show spending maybe you could annotate what the spend was for 

They will decide what is de9rwvation of capital and what isnt 

You should get some expert advice maybe from welfare rights 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.