Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Harry and megan interview

janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 9 in Coffee lounge
Did you watch it ? 

What are your thoughts ? 

Few shocking revelations but only their side of it as they know the firm as they call it wont publicise their side 

If their side is true I cant really blame them for stepping back but I do think personally this us what megan wanted from the start to get back to living in usa. 

Thus us j6st my own opinion dint shout at me if you dont agree 

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,250 Pioneering
    Not clear why this is posted under PIP, DLA and AA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,644 Disability Gamechanger
    Literally could not care less about any of it.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    @calcotti because of my bad eye sight 

Thought it was in coffee lounge 

@Cher_Scope can you move this post to coffee lounge please 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,250 Pioneering
    janer1967 said:
    @calcotti because of my bad eye sight 
    Understood.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • CressCress Member Posts: 498 Pioneering
    I think the dignified silence Meghan admires in her mother maybe should have been observed by herself and Harry.

Still, they've got the life they said they wanted, so hopefully that's the end of it.

Ps. love your hair @janer1967 !

@Cress thankyou though I've changed it since then 
    Think we have to remember megan is an actress !!!
  • berry123berry123 Member Posts: 256 Courageous
    @janer1967 what's shocking is that Meghan made kate cry it was in the tabloids now it's the opposite
    We cant always rely on what we read in the tabloids though 

I agree @vikingqueen they have very little to complain about in the context of what is going on in the world 

Still have a very privileged  life compared to majority of people 

They are show business people who want people to remember they exist 
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 467 Pioneering
               I totally agree @janer1967, they have publicly humiliated their families, nothing to do with them being royals, its family...if my children ever disrespected me like that I would disown them. Some things aren't meant to be shared especially with the world.. 
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,711 Disability Gamechanger
    I think all of it was an internal affair and should have been kept that way, after all what have they to gain by going public other than publicity for their own causes in the near future and all at the expense of the royal family. Of course some might also see the revelations as spite but perhaps that’s going too far. 

As others have said dignified silence is the preferred option, something the British royal family often do so well.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,644 Disability Gamechanger
        More than 2 million people have died from coronavirus, there are children starving in Sudan, and countless other atrocities around the world and these 2 privileged people sit in their gilded cage and preach woe is me... forgive me if I upset anyone
    Totally agree but it does, if nothing else, offer an insight as to how racism starts at the top and works its way down. 
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,363 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry if it upsets people but I have no respect for the royal family  they are just people like everyone else and are paid by the tax payers the people who work hard for the money  everything is handed to them I'm a plate 

Apologies if this has upset anyone  but that is my opinion 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,534 Disability Gamechanger
    Harry who? Todays news tomorrows fish and chip wrapper, I hope neither of them have the brass neck to ever show their faces in the UK.
    However I have to admit that I am a monarchist, they bring a lot of tourist (in normal times) to the country and a lot of money. I really can't imagine e.g the head of state being president Cameron or Blair.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
           I'm with you on that one woodbine. I also think the royals generate a lot of money from tourism that people don't realise. At the end of the day royalty is part of the fabric of the UK and will continue to do so regardless of the bad mouthing they've had.  
  • GlobsterGlobster Community Co-Production Group Posts: 737 Pioneering
    edited March 9
    Did any see  piers morgan walking of good morning Britain this morning
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,534 Disability Gamechanger
    He's just resigned from GMB
  • Welshjayne2021Welshjayne2021 Member Posts: 85 Courageous
    I thought it was shameless.  If they want a private, out of the media life. Then get on with it.  What did washing your dirty laundry in public achieve?  She”s just a very good actress, and Harry”s weak. I don’t wish them any harm, but drop the notoriety.
    Didnt see GMB why did he walk off and then resign ? 
    @janer1967 glad I read your post first I was going to ask the question lol 😆
    @janer1967 he quit over a row about the comments he made about Megan markel
         I'll miss Piers...  ;)
    He is blunt and to the point lol 😆
    If Megan is still markel  is Harry called Harry markel ????
    Wish I had seen that can just imagine what piers would have to say about it 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,309 Pioneering
    Type it into YouTube it’s on there. 
    He resigned as there were 41,000 complaints about whatever he said on Monday morning he apparently walked off after getting into an argument with a mixed race weather forecaster, but i'm certain the new 24 hour news channel will snap him up.
    @woodbine just seen it on the news 
  • Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,541 Pioneering
    I don't know what to think of it, the interview, I'm all for the royals I like the traditions and pomp of it all. I also realise a lot does go on behind closed doors, Archie wouldn't of been given a title any way at moment, it's nothing to do with race. It's direct descendants to throne so Williams kids would be given a title. When Charles becomes king, Archie will then become a Prince, it's the rules of monarchs. Race doesn't come any where near it, as Meghan was trying to say at the interview.
  • Audinut70Audinut70 Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    I agree with most here, if they had been allowed to keep their titles and do the duties that suited them, THAT interview would never have happened. Oprah must have thought all her christmases had come at once, a friend on the inside, the scoop no one could EVER  get. Then there's Meghan the actor!!! Her problem was she couldn't go out to play when she wanted, but wanted to keep her princess status. I'm more disappointed in Harry, he spat his dummy out, and allowed it to potentially destroy his family. 
    Just my opinion though. If thats still allowed!!
  • serenity107serenity107 Member Posts: 6 Connected
    Megan was given advice when she was feeling suicidal, but it was not what she wanted to hear, as for the race of the child, I think it was out of interest, like asking what colour eyes the baby will have, again it was not a racist thing. She may have felt it was be cause of her hormones going into overdrive, it's kinda like the mistake of the earings to, she was advised not to wear them, but she did. I don't think she likes to be told what to do, she does not understand the protocols that are in place at the palace, Harry and Megan can't have it both ways. 
    I've seen talk on the internet that the powers that be are considering removing Harry as 6th in line to the throne, how true that is i'm not sure, and I suspect it might take an act of Parliament but for my money they should do it.
    The Royal family have so many secrets I lost  respect for royalty after Princess Diana died no one will ever know the truth about that 

Hope that Harry snd Megan and the children will be ok 
    No one will ever know the truth of what realy hsppend between Harry and Megan and the rest of the royals just becsuse they are royals doesn't mean they can't be racist the royals were terrible to Sarah fergeson and Diana but we all have our opinions 
    Well this has been a bit if a debate like the rest of the country I guess 

I think Meghan always had an agenda from the start and her own relationship with her father and siblings to me shows she doesnt have strong family bonds 

I think they should step back if that's the life they want but it didnt have to be done the way it has 

I think harry was always happy to take the back seat and do his own  thing knowing William was the heir

They as a couple have done away with lots of traditions like pics of archie on steps of hospital and so on 

They should just be left to get on with it and all this attention will just be lining their pockets 
    The Royal family have so many secrets I lost  respect for royalty after Princess Diana died no one will ever know the truth about that 

Hope that Harry snd Megan and the children will be ok 
    I'm sure they will be ok, after all they are worth millions and are having the life they decided they wanted, they show no respect for the institution he was born into or the Queen, I'm with Piers Morgan who said that in his opinion the whole interview was a tissue of lies (or words to that effect), if it was upto to me they would be stripped of their duke and duchess titles and have their British passports revoked, American is welcome to them, and the sooner the UK media stops giving them the attention they abviously crave the better.
    @woodbine we all have our opinions that is what makes life interesting and I value other people's opinions even if I disagree  😆 lol and the royals is one of those subjects lol I love a good debate about them 

@janer1967 at the end of the day the royals are just people and like everyone else they are not perfect they have secrets  and the taxpayers pay for royalty alot goes on behind closed doors 

Diana told her story and Sarah Ferguson told hers the book is a good read about the royals but no one outside of the royal walls will ever be able to tell the true story without consequences 
    @woodbine we all have our opinions that is what makes life interesting and I value other people's opinions even if I disagree  😆 lol and the royals is one of those subjects lol I love a good debate about them 

Its one of the few areas me and senior management agree to differ on  :)
    @woodbine that made me smile 😃
    The Royal family are paid in public money, but they never really have a day off, and the income they generate probably makes them cheaper assets than what the government pay their crony pals in dead end contracts. Or waste on pointless/useless vanity plans. I pretty much suspect THAT money is wasted into their cony pals's pockets.
    Even if she did, I don't think it would be for too long before William takes over, Charles is no spring chicken anymore. 
    Personally I think the queen should retire and enjoy the last years of her life without the stress of being the monarch after all she has done it all if her adult life 

This would also allow younger her to take over and be more in touch with society   I would like to see William take over rather than Charles but not to the detriment of his young children 
    I’ve never heard of the Queen having any hobbies as such, so retiring might be a really bad idea, what would she do instead? I’m sure she has thought about her age etc and decided to carry on for as long as possible. In fact in private I bet they all agree that the Queen does a better job than Prince Charles could ever do, so why not carry on.
  • Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,541 Pioneering
    I think the queen has always kept horses as a hobby and a business to race. Also racing pigeons and supports arsenal foot ball club. The queen is part of a monarchy that stays on throne to death. Be very sirprised if she retired, she handed a lot of the jobs to Charles. 
  • AlisonNettyAlisonNetty Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    I wonder who's idea was this interview and what did they want form it?
    janer1967 said:
    Personally I think the queen should retire and enjoy the last years of her life without the stress of being the monarch after all she has done it all if her adult life 

This would also allow younger her to take over and be more in touch with society   I would like to see William take over rather than Charles but not to the detriment of his young children 
    I think it would be the sensible decision for the Royals to make, for William to become King, all it would take is for Charles to abdicate when the Queen dies, William and Kate would be an asset to the country in the way the Queen has been for 69 years.
    edited March 13
    I agree with that. But,back to topic.
    Meghan suicide thoughts, she says she had no help from the Royal family! Didn't she say that she didn't even tell Harry? Or are they supposed to read her thoughts? She says she confronted one of the household staff, this is 'not' asking her 'family' (the Royal) for help. This member will have some severe rules to work with, and well, probably thought, is she Kidding me, and tell her to get on with it.
    I am a severely depressed person, have attempted suicide several times, i still hate life. But blaming other people,or using it as a weapon, really boils my blood, just because she said it, doesn't make it true, sounds more like feeling sorry for herself, she had other channels to persue if she was that bad. Anyone feeling these thoughs, i strongly recommend that you seek professional help by any and all  means available. 
    I have to add, why can't the fact just be that she couldn't handle the way the Royal family live? Or we're they expected to change their whole way of living? 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,071

Scope community team

Hi @Audinut70

I'm sorry to hear about your depression and past difficulties with your mental health.  if you ever feel that you would benefit from more support around this, please let us know.

You are right that anyone experiencing troubling thoughts should see their GP/seek professional help, and I just wanted to leave a list of organisations here that people can talk to if things are becoming too much:

Fascinating topic BTW and I think the real winner in this situation was Oprah Winfrey! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Definitely, the chance of 'ever' getting an interview like that again, struck twice by lightning comes to mind. 
    Thanks for your concern, ive done all the support, just deal with it myself now. Ive had a lifetime to learn. 
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,358 Pioneering
    I don't usually comment on topics like this, however I have the greatest respect for the Queen and all that she has done for this country. In World War 2, she served her country just like thousands of others and then at the tender age of 27 she took on a responsibility to serve this country for the rest of her life. The Queen has not always got things right but I believe she genuinely does her best for her country, but at times, like anyone else would, puts her family first. The Queen has served a lifetime of duty and for me that must never be forgotten. At the end of the day, in the middle of all of this is a grandmother, father, son, brother and wider family, they should be left in peace to address their differences. It is not for me to say what the truth is but I do believe Harry and Megan have severely misjudged this, there were more appropriate ways to handle their concerns. Thank you 
    I truly hope for Harry's sake they never split up 

She will take him to the cleaners and he will have given up all his family support 
    My thoughts exactly, i think he's smitten, to do what he has done, after only a few years together, one hell of a sacrifice. She's got the US behind her, he's totally crucified his family. I do feel a 'bit' sorry for him though. The things we men will do for love!!! I gave up friends and my interests for mine. 
    Let’s hope they drew up and signed prenuptial agreements @janer1967
    @Audinut70 it's not just men that make sacrifices for love 

I gave up living in my home town near friends and family,  I supported us both financially , I gave my husband experiences he had never had , I took on his children 

Then had it all thrown back in my face when he exchanged me for a younger , newer model 

All genders make sacrifices for the ones they love and thankfully most enrich each others lives 
    Sorry to hear that janer1967. I should have wrote what people will do for love. My main point though, Harry is going to be a lonely prince if their marriage falls apart. To through your family to the wolves! That is one massive sacrifice. 
Sign in or join us to comment.