PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Does paper based mean definite award?

babysharkbabyshark Member Posts: 2 Listener
I sent my pip form back some time ago after citizen advice helped me write it and I’ve just found out I had a paper based assessment. I’ve not had decision yet but Citizens Advice said it means I’ve definitely been awarded. Is this true? 
Also my citizens advice man is a volunteer and said as his main job he works as a case manager for dwp, is this allowed? 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,575 Disability Gamechanger
    I think I would be checking immediately whether he currently works for DWP as that would clearly be an issue with the "independent, impartial" element of their service. 

He could just mean that he works for CA as part of the UC Help To Claim Scheme but I would definitely ask some very clear questions about that. 
  • babysharkbabyshark Member Posts: 2 Listener
    He definitely works there at DWP, we had a conversation about it. He’s currently a universal credit case manager for dwp where he manages people’s claims. But he volunteers at citizens on a Tuesday as it’s his day off from his main job at dwp.

Do you know the answer to my other question?
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,575 Disability Gamechanger
    A paper based assessment means DWP simply had enough info to make a decision without a telephone assessment. It does not mean anything beyond that. That “enough” could be wholly negative. 

As regards the CA volunteer, words fail. A total compromise of independence. I cannot possibly imagine how that could be justified.
Sign in or join us to comment.