LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

EmmaLou84
EmmaLou84 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I had a health assessment questionnaire in June 2020, sent it off July, had a health assessment by telephone just last month, on 1st March 2021 was told in my journal that I am now going to be under LCWRA and I will be getting an extra allowance and should be getting a back payment and should be told about this in the next 7 days! I heard nothing so I wrote in my journal waited another 6 days, nothing, I just rang up and spoke to someone about this and they sounded as if they couldn’t care less told me to wait until tomorrow and if I’ve still not heard anything to ring back! Didn’t tell me if I was entitled to anything or when ide get any back payments, nothing! Is this how they treat everyone?? What should I do?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Unfortunately speaking with DWP usnt always a great experience but depends whi you speak to 

It can take a while for payments to be processed but your next UC payment should include the LCWRA payment hopefully 

Back 8at can take little longer check your statement when it is available also take note of prev payments as ibce back pay has been calculated out will change the previous statements to include the extra 

Put a request in your journal put it into the payments category as this goes to your case manager rather than general enquiry and ask for your case manager to call you 

If you want to call them ask to speak to your case manager 
  • EmmaLou84
    EmmaLou84 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Timcar
    Timcar Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi there-I am in limited capability for work and work related activity on Universal Credit and received a similar letter a while back. Unfortunately for me the back payment was used to pay off a tax credit overpayment. I found this out when they sent me a second letter a week or so after the first one. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @EmmaLou84

Just to advise, I've moved your post to our Universal Credit section.  I'm sorry your communications with the DWP haven't been particularly helpful, and if you encounter any further issues just give us a shout.  Take care and please keep us updated.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.