PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip and lcwra

ubatomoubatomo Member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi just asking if you can help if possible

i was awarded pip a few months ago enhanced daily living and low rate mobility i have been waiting on a universal credit work capacity assessment from feb 2020 and have a call about this on 22/3/2021 but wouldn't they know of my conditions as of my pip assessment report that was sent to them so i was told by my  coach plus my supporting evidence as well 

i did read somewhere online that if you have enhanced daily living of pip you should auto be awarded lcwra but not sure ?? I'm am still handing in fit notes for now until other wise

Im just bad with Anxiety and didn't help with my pip assessment and to do this all over again

thank for any input cheers

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    @ubatomo hi and welcome to scope, PIP and LCW/LCWRA are unrelated benefits, getting one has to influence on getting the other.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • ubatomoubatomo Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I understand that but some descriptors on pip match them
    on lcwra do the assessors read all the relivent supporting evidence also they pip report?
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 13

What I can share with you, since 2014 all claim evidence is shared across DWP departments.

The DWP are working on a project where their trialing a system to join up the benefits system. Assessment have a backlog at present.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,137 Disability Gamechanger
    As mentioned they are not the same some 9f the descriptors look the same but PIP looks at your daily living in the home and put and about but the WCA looks at it from a work environment and how you would be affected in the workplace 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,159 Pioneering
    ubatomo said:
    ... wouldn't they know of my conditions as of my pip assessment report that was sent to them ..
    Awards are no based on your conditions. They are based on how your conditions affect you. Although there are some similarities/overlap the PIP assessment and WCA are different.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.