Pip and lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and lcwra

ubatomo
ubatomo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi just asking if you can help if possible

i was awarded pip a few months ago enhanced daily living and low rate mobility i have been waiting on a universal credit work capacity assessment from feb 2020 and have a call about this on 22/3/2021 but wouldn't they know of my conditions as of my pip assessment report that was sent to them so i was told by my  coach plus my supporting evidence as well 

i did read somewhere online that if you have enhanced daily living of pip you should auto be awarded lcwra but not sure ?? I'm am still handing in fit notes for now until other wise

Im just bad with Anxiety and didn't help with my pip assessment and to do this all over again

thank for any input cheers

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @ubatomo hi and welcome to scope, PIP and LCW/LCWRA are unrelated benefits, getting one has to influence on getting the other.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ubatomo
    ubatomo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I understand that but some descriptors on pip match them
    on lcwra do the assessors read all the relivent supporting evidence also they pip report?
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2021

What I can share with you, since 2014 all claim evidence is shared across DWP departments.

The DWP are working on a project where their trialing a system to join up the benefits system. Assessment have a backlog at present.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    As mentioned they are not the same some 9f the descriptors look the same but PIP looks at your daily living in the home and put and about but the WCA looks at it from a work environment and how you would be affected in the workplace 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ubatomo said:
    ... wouldn't they know of my conditions as of my pip assessment report that was sent to them ..
    Awards are no based on your conditions. They are based on how your conditions affect you. Although there are some similarities/overlap the PIP assessment and WCA are different.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    I had my lcwra telephone assessment 5 weeks ago and haven't heard re their decision but today I had a txt saying Ive got a pip telephone assessment in 2 weeks so Im thinking theyre trying to award lcwra people pip instead of lcwra as its less money to pay out. If Im awarded lcwra instead of pip Ill get £100+ more a month than if I get pip plus lcwra payment would be backdated to Dec wheres pip is only from April. Im furious if this is what they're doing to me and others. All a DWP plan to save THEM money and we all lose out. Im really upset as ill and struggling with money 😢😢😢😢 Has anyone else come across this where you're shoved onto pip instead of the more costly to the DWP lcwra. Cant see them awarding me lcwra or both pip and lcwra. May even get neither as cheaper for them 
  • Silvano
    Dwp must share information with pip as although I was sent a pip form in April I haven't even filled it out so assume the lcwra assessment report has been passed onto the pip folk. Bad news then is I doubt Ill be awarded Lcwra 😢😢😢😢 Ive got my Work Coach phoning this afternoon so will see what she says. Two days ago when I phoned DWP and asked if a decision had been made they said no not yet, only that the report has been done. Well on Saturday it'll be 6 weeks since my phone assessment. I know people on here said can take up to 12 weeks before you get a decision 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's right @Silvano it could be anything up to 12 weeks, perhaps even longer. Let us know how things go with your work coach later today.

I'm afraid you would have to apply for PIP and LCWRA separately, as they are entirely different benefits. If you'd like to talk through things with one of our advisers you'd be welcome to contact the Scope Helpline for support and advice.

Please do say if there's anything you need a hand with in the meantime, and we'll do what we can to help out.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Silvano
    Thank you. I haven't even applied for Pip (got the unfilled form here in front of me) yet they've sent me an appointment for a telephone assessment for two weeks today, bizarre! I can only think DWP have put me forward for Pip because I had a lcwra assessment. 
  • Silvano
    They might now have a money saving policy where by they give people pip instead of lcwra, so angry if this is the case as Ive been off ill since September and given sick notes since Sept yet IF they give pip it'll only be money backdated to April wheres Lcwra would be backdated to Dec. I might get neither. Im using food bank the past 5 months as no money 
  • Silvano
    I very much doubt Ill get awarded both pip and lwcwra, huge difference in money if only get pip and even worse if get neither. Universal credit money isn't even enough to cover my rent never mind bills or food 
  • calcotti
    edited June 2022
    Silvano said:.. Im thinking theyre trying to award lcwra people pip instead of lcwra as its less money to pay out.
    LCWRA and PIP are completely separate. PIP potentially pays a lot more than LCWRA.
    Silvano said:
    Dwp must share information with pip as although I was sent a pip form in April I haven't even filled it out so assume the lcwra assessment report has been passed onto the pip folk. 
    If they have decided you are potentially a vulnerable claimant they may have progressed the PIP claim even though you didn't complete the form. That is them trying to help you.
    Silvano said:
    Thank you. I haven't even applied for Pip (got the unfilled form here in front of me) 
    Yes you have. You applied when you rang to request the form. As per above, it sounds as if they are being helpful and have decided to progress your claim even though you didn't return the form.
    Silvano said:
    They might now have a money saving policy where by they give people pip instead of lcwra, so angry if this is the case 
    It isn't the case. 
    Silvano said:
    I very much doubt Ill get awarded both pip and lwcwra, huge difference in money if only get pip and even worse if get neither. Universal credit money isn't even enough to cover my rent never mind bills or food 
    Lots of people get both PIP and LCWRA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with money, but it's positive to hear that you've been able to access a food bank. Do you feel like you're able to manage day to day at the moment?

Scope has information and advice on managing debts as well as energy saving tips, if either of these sound useful, please do give them a read.
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Silvano
    Lower rate Pip isnt less than lcwra Ive looked up the rates so you're wrong! 
  • Silvano
    Yes I know people can be awarded both but my work coach said thats extremely rare, less than 3% of applications. Lcwra is significantly higher than lower rate pip!! 😥 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Silvano said:
    Yes I know people can be awarded both but my work coach said thats extremely rare, less than 3% of applications. Lcwra is significantly higher than lower rate pip!! 😥 
    There’s 2 parts to PIP daily living and mobility. Both parts have standard rate and Enhanced rate. 
    Lots of people claim both PIP and LCWRA, my daughter does and also a friends daughter. There’s also quite an few members here that claim both. 
    Whether any PIP award you may have is a lower amount than LCWRA will totally depend on what PIP award you have. It could potentially be higher than LCWRA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Silvano
    Is it possible to have an assessment without filling in the form? They might have decided to be helpful (as someone above suggested on here) and do an assessment without a form but seems a bit odd as the form was sent out to me 22 March and had to be in by 3 April but on advice from CAB I didnt fill it in or send it back. 
  • Silvano
    I will fill it in before the assessment even though a struggle
  • calcotti
    edited June 2022
    Silvano said:
    Lower rate Pip isnt less than lcwra Ive looked up the rates so you're wrong! 
    I said PIP can potentially pay more than LCWRA.
    LCWRA is equivalent to £81.76/week. PIP can pay up to £156.90/week.
    Silvano said:
    Yes I know people can be awarded both but my work coach said thats extremely rare, less than 3% of applications
    I can't find statistics to confirm a figure but I would be quite surprised if it is as low as that.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Hi @Silvano Citizens Advice (CA) have guidance on how to fill out your PIP form and if you need extra help you are welcome to get help from an adviser in CA if needed. 

You could also call the Scope Helpline, if you'd like someone to talk it through with you, or let us know if you're unsure of anything, and we'll see what we can do to help :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.