Pip and lcwra - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and lcwra

Options
2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Silvano said:
    Is it possible to have an assessment without filling in the form? 
    Yes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you  v much Alex, its good to know there's support out there 
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    Options
    My Work Coach said its not possible to have an assessment if you've not filled in the form, shes wrong then. Plus she said DWP don't share information with each other for various benefits health etc well again she's wrong. So stressful dealing with her. Her bottom line is always that I ought to be capable of looking for work and doing a full time job. That's not for her to say is it? Thats for DWP to say as a result of lcwra and pip assessments. Wish she'd just get off my back when Ive got enough on my plate. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Silvano said:
    My Work Coach said its not possible to have an assessment if you've not filled in the form, shes wrong then.

Yes, she's wrong here.
    Silvano said:
     Plus she said DWP don't share information with each other for various benefits health etc well again she's wrong.

She's not exactly wrong, they don't always share information. Although all these benefits are part of DWP they are different departments.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tifo
    tifo Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    edited June 2022
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    As mentioned they are not the same some 9f the descriptors look the same but PIP looks at your daily living in the home and put and about but the WCA looks at it from a work environment and how you would be affected in the workplace 
    My WCA application was made in March 2019, assessment in September 2021. PIP application was made in March 2021, assessment in August 2021.

I got 0 points for my WCA assessment (after 2 years 6 months from the application) and 0 points for my PIP assessment (after 5 months from the application) last year.

In a recent WCA tribunal I was awarded LCW. This is because i'm slightly better now than I was 3 years ago, I believe still not capable of RA but it's the long delay which made me lose the RA part of LCWRA. There was no covid-19 here in 2019 so there's no real excuse for the DWP about why they didn't send me for an assessment within the usual 4 months or so. Had I been assessed in 2019 i'd have got LCWRA. I have 3 years of hospital letters and GP notes confirming my conditions and unable to work, in GP opinion. The WCA assessor, DWP decision maker and the panel did not look at how I was affected from the date of my application in March 2019. The report was only about how I was on the day of the assessment in September 2021.

I'm told that the law doesn't give any timeline for WCA/PIP assessments hence will affect people who get better from their condition(s). But it is still unfair and the DWP basically get away with it. They have in my case and don't have to pay me for (current) 3 years and 3 months of back payments.

My conditions are variable and fluctuating so I have good and bad days, the bad days are in the majority and it's a fine line between being just over or just under 50%.

My WCA appeal DWP bundle included my PIP2 form, decisions and medical report as well as all the WCA documents. The DWP and panel were quoting from both reports, which were basically the same and each said that I can do all activities normally. The WCA report had nothing in it about work, the decisions even said it's about daily living, i.e. if i'm ok with my daily activities then i'm ok to work. It was all about my good days.

At my PIP appeal the panel knew about my WCA appeal outcome (LCW). I've not received the PIP decision yet though it didn't go well I think. The judge didn't believe any of my evidence (even hospital letters?) and didn't assess my conditions 3 months before and  up to 9 months after the assessment. She said "that's not how we work it out". But she believed all of the medical report, which was full of lies and things I didn't say and assumptions, i.e. in mobility it said that I can walk 17m so can walk for over 200m, that I can walk 30m at a stretch so can walk over 200m. From my WCA assessment it said I can walk for 20 mins to shop which is 1200m. Everything was over 200m because there's no points after it. It was all about my good days.

So the DWP and appeal tribunal do mix the 2 assessments.
  • Melaniecloud1985
    Melaniecloud1985 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @calcotti I just saw your message on If potentially a vulnerable claimant they may have progressed the PIP claim. I am just asking in case you know anything about this sorry this is a completely separate post. my pip claim and mandatory were refused and my partner does calls for me as I can't cope and called yesterday and thy said I was rejected. but the lady on the phone said that she wants to refer me to a vulnerable case manager and appoint my partner for something. I hadn't heard of this before do yo have any idea why they would do now even tho its all rejected? thanks
  • calcotti
    Options
    Hi @calcotti I just saw your message on If potentially a vulnerable claimant they may have progressed the PIP claim. I am just asking in case you know anything about this sorry this is a completely separate post. my pip claim and mandatory were refused and my partner does calls for me as I can't cope and called yesterday and thy said I was rejected. but the lady on the phone said that she wants to refer me to a vulnerable case manager and appoint my partner for something. I hadn't heard of this before do yo have any idea why they would do now even tho its all rejected? thanks
    They are possibly suggesting your partner be an appointee
    https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

It would obviously be unusual to review a case again but there is nothing to prevent them doing so.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Melaniecloud1985
    Options
    @calcotti thank you I will show my partner this link. I don’t understand what you mean by reviewing case again? The lady on the phone at pip was the one who suggest I be referred to this, my partner had to go quickly due to work. But I don’t really understand what I’m meant to do now I assumed nothing. But they said on the phone that the vulnerable case manager will be calling back. Thank you for this information I will pass to my partner 
  • calcotti
    Options
    Melaniecloud1985 said:..I don’t understand what you mean by reviewing case again? ..
    What I meant was that, having made a decision, it would be unusual for DWP to review a decision again of their own volition but, based on what you posted earlier, that may be what is happening.
  • Melaniecloud1985
    Options
    @calcotti sorry I think ive got really confused I didn't mean to say that that case manager was reviewing the decision. pip called yesterday and they sugguested my partner was appointee and they said the case manager is going to call back to go through things with my partner and me. I didnt mean they're reviewing the case sorry. I get things mixed up. thank you so much for all of your help 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's okay @Melaniecloud1985 thanks for explaining for us. Keep us up to date with how things go if you can, and I hope you get the outcome you're after.

If anything else comes up in the meantime do let us know :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.