Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi everyone, I’m just looking for some advice or guidance I’m 19 years old and have had issues with walking and chronic pain in my legs for a few years and I have been diagnosed with spastic paraplegia which is highly likely to be the hereditary one. I’m lucky in that I can walk 45 minutes without too much pain while walking my dog but over time the length of time that I can walk without pain is deteriorating and so is the strength in my legs I’m just curious as to what to expect or any advice really my job is a in a restaurant and shifts can reduce me to tears in pain. I haven’t been given much information of the condition and I was hoping there is a community on here who could help? Hope everyone’s safe and well during this lockdown
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.