30hr Childcare/LCWRA + PT employment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

30hr Childcare/LCWRA + PT employment

markoniuk
markoniuk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me work out if our 3 year old daughter is entitled for 30 hours free childcare? If not, why? Are we eligible for any other childcare support beyond the current 15 free hours?

I receive LCWRA within my wife’s and mine joint UC claim. I also receive PIP daily living element. My wife is entitled to carers allowance and we are currently waiting to hear back for the application we put in 3 weeks ago. My wife also works 10 hours per week and is paid £291.50 monthly (£67.27 weekly).

Is our 3 year old daughter entitled to 30 hours free childcare? If not, why? Are we eligible for any other childcare support beyond the current 15 free hours?

Thank you

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    As you are on UC has your wife reported that she cares for you. She is entitled to the carer element in UC without the need to claim CA. If CA is awarded it will be deducted from the UC. There is therefore no financial gain from claiming CA but your wife will get Class 1 NI credits.

Note that although CA has an earnings limit of £128/week there is no earnings limit in connection with the carer element of UC. 

Don’t know the answer to your childcare question. Possibly this website will help
    https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @markoniuk

Just wanted to wish you a very warm welcome to the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @markoniuk - & welcome to the community. Looking at the government's website it looks like your wife's wages would be insufficient to claim 30 hours free childcare. Please see: https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.