Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Serious crippling pain.

QueenofdisabilitiesQueenofdisabilities Member Posts: 91 Connected
Hi please can someone tell me the best way to cope with my 
Fibro & Osteoarthritis pain?
When I take my Oramorph it takes the edge off but 10 mins later it's back 
& a heck of a lot worse.
I'm on a massive dose of Gabapentin,Duloxetine & my Oramorph.
I sit gritting my teeth saying God please someone help me I pray.
Any tips,advice or strategies are very gratefully received.

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,428 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @Queenofdisabilities we are not allowed for obvious reasons to give medical advice, but I would ask have you asked your GP to refer you to the local pain clinic?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Maybe you should talk to your gp about it 
  • Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,536 Pioneering
    Hi ya @Queenofdisabilities nothing worse then being in pain, I would definitely talk to your gp as your on strong pain relief, hopefully they can sort you something out that works for you.
  • deedeewhiteside123deedeewhiteside123 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I too suffer with Fibro, Myofacial Pain Syndrome, Migraines and have Sciatica and Footdrop_ ridiculous isn't it!! The best thing I have found which is incredibly hard to do when you are worn down with the effects of constant pain day and night, is to try to keep moving. I know it is difficult, but it helps you physically and emotionally. you do not need to walk far but change your routine and tidy out a cupboard or give something a good clean, it really does release some good endorphins and helps you to put your pain to one side for a short time. 
  • Caz_AlumniCaz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 626 Pioneering
    Hi @Queenofdisabilities

Just wanted to say a proper hi and see how you're getting on? :smile:

Pain management can be so difficult to deal with and I know everyone has their own strategies for coping Hopefully, your GP might be able to advise, but I wondered what else you had tried for yourself as well? Have you found any other strategies that help you at all?

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.