ESA support group amount reduced? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA support group amount reduced?

wassil19
wassil19 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
 I have been getting 130.65 pounds every week and I just received a new letter saying that from April I will be getting 114.10 ... a  big drop.
Can someone explain what is going on?

Comments

• wassil19
     I have been getting 130.65 pounds every week and I just received a new letter saying that from April I will be getting 114.10 pounfs ... a big drop.
    Can someone explain what is going on?

• wassil19
    Sorry for double posting .... a mistake
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    No worries @wassil19, it can happen. 

Regarding your ESA, does the letter explain the reasoning for the drop? If not, have you tried calling DWP?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wassil19
    I haven't contacted them yet but i have just made a comparison between last year's award with this year and I noticed that  the disability income Guarantee component for the support group is no longer there.. the amount is 16.80 pounds (2020 value)
    I think they may have removed it (Government policy perhaps)?
    By the way I am claiming legacy income related ESA  not universal credit
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you getting basic rate ESA (cont.) or sea with an IR top up? £114.10 looks like the 2021/22 rate for cont.based
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wassil19
    I have been getting income related ESA  (support group) for few years before the new style ESA

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You should ring them - it sounds like a mistake.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.