Universal credit housing benefit after Health assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal credit housing benefit after Health assessment?

Panda99 Member Posts: 2 Listener

I am a retained EEA worker. Temporary incapacity - I had a stroke. 

My universal credit application was a joint application (with my wife). The wife is not working at the moment, taking care of the young children. Meanwhile, I am getting a universal credit standard allowance, child support, and Housing benefit. I am also getting PIP(mobility and daily living enhanced rate).

I have been providing multiple "Fit notes" to universal credit. My GP was providing "FIT notes" for 3 months and then renewing again after 3 months.

I have a health assessment appointment via phone. Just wondering, whatever they decide. Is there any category/type where they stop Housing benefits?

I tried to find answers online but there are so many different categories/types. ESA, new ESA, LCWRA, Backdate LCWRA payment.

I am anxious, how I am going to survive if they stopped the housing benefits. Can anyone please guide me? 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

    Having a WCA assessment will not affect the housing element if your UC no matter which category your are awarded 

    Hope thus helps 
  • Panda99
    Panda99 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for the reply. 

    Just one thing, any guess what outcome can be after this assessment?

    I mean what category list they will put me in?  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,715 Disability Gamechanger
    LCW or LCWRA are the two if you are found to ill to work.
    If your wife cares for you the carer element can be added to UC
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,285 Disability Gamechanger
    Panda99 said:..any guess what outcome can be after this assessment? I mean what category list they will put me in?  
    There's no way for anybody on the forum to know the answer to that.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.