Universal credit housing benefit after Health assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit housing benefit after Health assessment?

Panda99
Panda99 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,

I am a retained EEA worker. Temporary incapacity - I had a stroke. 

My universal credit application was a joint application (with my wife). The wife is not working at the moment, taking care of the young children. Meanwhile, I am getting a universal credit standard allowance, child support, and Housing benefit. I am also getting PIP(mobility and daily living enhanced rate).

I have been providing multiple "Fit notes" to universal credit. My GP was providing "FIT notes" for 3 months and then renewing again after 3 months.

I have a health assessment appointment via phone. Just wondering, whatever they decide. Is there any category/type where they stop Housing benefits?

I tried to find answers online but there are so many different categories/types. ESA, new ESA, LCWRA, Backdate LCWRA payment.

I am anxious, how I am going to survive if they stopped the housing benefits. Can anyone please guide me? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Having a WCA assessment will not affect the housing element if your UC no matter which category your are awarded 

Hope thus helps 
  • Panda99
    Panda99 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for the reply. 

Just one thing, any guess what outcome can be after this assessment?

I mean what category list they will put me in?  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    LCW or LCWRA are the two if you are found to ill to work.
    If your wife cares for you the carer element can be added to UC
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Panda99 said:..any guess what outcome can be after this assessment? I mean what category list they will put me in?  
    There's no way for anybody on the forum to know the answer to that.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.