Nurses my heroes & heroines of our wonderful NHS. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nurses my heroes & heroines of our wonderful NHS.

Options
Queenofdisabilities
Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
edited September 2021 in Coffee lounge
Our fantastic,amazing,hardest working heroines & heroes a massive  thank you for all of you wherever you work!
You deserve an extremely big pay rise for everything you've done & are doing for everyone.
You treated me like royalty when I was in hospital.
I remember when I collapsed on the 
Neuro ward at Royal Preston  hospital.
Sister shouted quick Sharon's collapsed 
Get a porter now.
When I'd been examined I was admitted & remember the nurses who looked after me.
They said look after this woman she is 1 of our own.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Queenofdisabilities

Thanks for sharing your appreciation for the NHS. I agree with you, the NHS does deserve recognition  :) Thank you all of our NHS members! (staff and volunteers)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Duninn
    Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
    Options
    This was good to read.  We are people too and some of us living with disability.  Thank you!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Our next door neighbours 79 year old husband was recently in an NHS hospital for three weeks the level/quality of care he was given was nothing short of shocking. It was the sort of care you might almost expect in a third world country.
    He was then moved to a care home which was even worse, and after a week they decided he needed to go back into hospital the GP requested an ambulance it took FOURTEEN hours to arrive.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    We keep hearing of events like this and some even get investigated, followed by the usual 'lessons will be learnt'

It seems they never are.
    I remember being shocked that some elderly patients were having to be prescribed liquids as they were unable to communicate and would literally be left without anything to drink.

Not to take anything away from the dedicated, hard-working nhs staff it would be wrong to suggest that all staff were this competent and caring...as in any organisation there will be good, bad and ok.....
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As Cress says, there are the good, the bad, & I would say those were it should never have happened. When I was a basic grade physio many years ago, on occasion I worked with a certain Senior Physiotherapist. There was this tetraplegic patient who had been doing well, then dramatically worsened; it was thought he wouldn't live much longer. I had been in just talking to him (he was such a lovely person) as his distress was obvious, & nothing more could be done, so I didn't treat him. I pleaded with the Senior Physiotherapist that evening not to treat him, but no, she went in giving him chest physio despite causing him much further distress, which I witnessed. He died during the night, but at least his chest was clear! I made my feelings known, & didn't work with her again.
    I have always hoped the NHS would improve, & some of the other things I've seen would do too. We do have some wonderful, dedicated people working in the NHS, but sadly, not all.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.