Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What do they mean by approved?

shazzyjoe15shazzyjoe15 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 24 in Universal Credit
I applied for LCFW back in November  last year had my medical in early January I phoned today for an update I was told they have to respond no later than 4th April and said it's been Approved what do they mean by approved

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,137 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Do you mean LCWRA under UC? 

I have no idea what they mean by approved or timescale to respond 

Normally after assessment it goes to s decision maker to make the decision and then you will be notified 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Hi @shazzyjoe15

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. As above, do you mean LCWRA, Universal Credit?

When you contacted them did you ask what they meant by this? Did they give any further explanation?
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • shazzyjoe15shazzyjoe15 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I've now been told I need a face to face even though I had a telephone one to one call so they are now saying my face to face could be next year because of covid it's been 4 months since I applied 
    Unfortunately this sometimes happens if they cant make a decision without f2f . Nothing you can do other than wait not what you want to hear I know 

Think I'll give up seems pointless I don't understand why they can't make a dissition I spoke to lady over an hour on phone but if they see me in person they can make a dissition
    It is very different seeing someone in person and in their home environment rather than a conversation  over the phone 

Rather than giving up is there any evidence you can gather that may help or just put it to back of your mind till the f2f assessment 
  • littleacornlittleacorn Member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    What cant they find out from asking you questions or is it that they need to look at you and make a judgement?
    Exactly that's what I was thinking
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,161 Pioneering
    What cant they find out from asking you questions or is it that they need to look at you and make a judgement?
    That’s what they try to do but sometimes they conclude that they can’t.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.