What do they mean by approved? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do they mean by approved?

shazzyjoe15
shazzyjoe15 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I applied for LCFW back in November  last year had my medical in early January I phoned today for an update I was told they have to respond no later than 4th April and said it's been Approved what do they mean by approved

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Do you mean LCWRA under UC? 

I have no idea what they mean by approved or timescale to respond 

Normally after assessment it goes to s decision maker to make the decision and then you will be notified 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazzyjoe15

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. As above, do you mean LCWRA, Universal Credit?

When you contacted them did you ask what they meant by this? Did they give any further explanation?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • shazzyjoe15
    I've now been told I need a face to face even though I had a telephone one to one call so they are now saying my face to face could be next year because of covid it's been 4 months since I applied 
  • janer1967
    Unfortunately this sometimes happens if they cant make a decision without f2f . Nothing you can do other than wait not what you want to hear I know 

• shazzyjoe15
    Think I'll give up seems pointless I don't understand why they can't make a dissition I spoke to lady over an hour on phone but if they see me in person they can make a dissition
  • janer1967
    It is very different seeing someone in person and in their home environment rather than a conversation  over the phone 

Rather than giving up is there any evidence you can gather that may help or just put it to back of your mind till the f2f assessment 
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    What cant they find out from asking you questions or is it that they need to look at you and make a judgement?
  • shazzyjoe15
    Exactly that's what I was thinking
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    What cant they find out from asking you questions or is it that they need to look at you and make a judgement?
    That’s what they try to do but sometimes they conclude that they can’t.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.