Hi living with constant pain ,how do u cope ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi living with constant pain ,how do u cope ?

Options
mimm777
mimm777 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi please come say hi ,
I don't sleep much ,I'm in constant nerve pain in lower back ,hips and legs ,I'm in in a chair due to operation going wrong 6 years ago , I'm interested to see how others cope ,nothing absolutely nothing takes my pain away , I can't sit for long periods ,can't lay down or roll on sides as the pain so bad , Drs tell me live with it now ,nothing they can do ! 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @mimm777, I'm really sorry to hear of your predicament.
    Can the back surgery not be corrected?

Have you been to a Pain Clinic?

I've had five operations on my spine, the second one went wrong and left my spine damaged, so I know what you are going through.

I recently started taking Diclofenac and I found that it reduces the inflammation of the nerves, so eases the pain somewhat. It's the Slow Release version, 75mg twice a day.
    Have you tried Diclofenac? It's not suitable for everyone, if you'd like to try it you'd have to discuss it with your GP and take stomach protection such as Lansoprazole.

Most doctors don't understand what it's like to be in constant severe pain so you have to keep exploring any new possibilities for yourself. I really hope you can find something to help you. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mimm777 hi there, sorry to read about your operation going wrong. I understand how you feel about your Drs saying live with it as mine said ....well it's going to happen with your spine, and left it at that no referrals nothing. So just plod on. 
    Might be worth getting back I  touch and asking for stronger pain relief.
  • mimm777
    mimm777 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    Hi thanks for replying
    Yeah actually today I asked about pain team as because of covid I never got my appointment last year so fingers crossed , 
    But it's hell , I'm on a pain relief but it's not working , I just wish I could sleep 1 full night but those days are long gone ,
    Can I ask are you on regular pain relief ? Or how do u cope xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.