PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

DLA TO PIP waiting times

sarah1977sarah1977 Member Posts: 33 Connected
Today i finally rang pip to see where they where upto with my daughters pip claim, she turned 16 in nov. Claim forms sent back mid Dec. 
The man told me that they recieved them 17th dec, ( oh and a lot of evidence.. his words). On the 18th dec it was sent to independant assessment services, he put me through to them so see where they where upto...
Snotty woman answered, telling me it hadnt been looked at yet, i asked her if it had been allocated to anyone, she said no sorry cant tell you how long... what a joke they are.

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,644 Disability Gamechanger
    Right now the priorities are new claims and renewals. Change of circs and conversions are way down the list. To put that in perspective the current wait for a renewal alone is around 4 months and many people are completing and returning the forms in time but finding their awards have expired. 

Obviously none of that is ideal but then where do people get this weird idea that somehow public organisations are exempt and untouched by C19! DWP have had staff die like everyone else. They have staff who are shielding. They have staff who are carers or home schooling and so on. 

Health care professions is are in exactly the same position. Why would they not be? In some cases they’re far worse as many of their staff are part-time and have been working or volunteering for the NHS and thus have been far more exposed to C19.

So, no, they are far from a joke. They are having to make some genuinely tough decisions in appalling circumstances with the same limited resources as everyone else.  In some chIld DLA cases they have simply extended the DLA award until such time as they can address the PIP issue. 
  • sarah1977sarah1977 Member Posts: 33 Connected
    I have not been in formed that my daughters dla claim has been extended. And is due to end soon. And the PIP claim is counted as a new claim as she has never claimed it before not a change in circumstances. Its not DWP that im saying are jokes. Its the independsnt assesment services that my daughters claim has gone to. And that is my opinion and i stand by what i said. 
    Obviously covid19 has had an impact, thats why i have left it over 3 months to ring them. The lack of information is a dam joke. She wouldnt even tell me how back logged they where so i had a rough idea when it might be looked at. The man from PIP even  said im suprised we've not had anything back yet. 

As for the home schooling point and being carers..., ive had to do exactly the same as well as doing as much as i can for my sheilding mother and ive dam well managed. Bye
    edited March 25
    Many of the assessment providers are working from home often on their own kit. No-one planned for this and so they often have literally no means to know exactly what the backlog is other than checking in with DWP who will have noted the numbers sent over. If you have a concern then your first point of contact in this sort of case would be DWP and even then they have similar issues and are unlikely to be especially informative.

Would appreciate it if you don’t shoot the messenger. You’re welcome to stand by your opinion in the face of the facts but perhaps people were snotty with you because of your lack of empathy towards them as per your post.

Both DWP and assessment providers are human too.

If you feel strongly about this you can of course exert pressure via your MP but weirdly a significant number of those have their offices closed at present and are struggling to provide a service. Alternatively you could issue a letter before action as regards unreasonable delay. I could list the reasons why that may or may not succeed but I’m sure you can make your own decisions as to what happens next/
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,357 Disability Gamechanger
    @mikehughescq, when I had my phone assessment I asked the assessor if she was working from home and the reply was no I am in the office which many can do with no problems as no claimants to see just phone conversations. My application was a change of circumstances applied in September 2020 received my award in March 2021. Now gone for an aMR.
  • sarah1977sarah1977 Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Wilko thank you. For the time scale. I hope ur MR is successful 
    wilko said:
    @mikehughescq, when I had my phone assessment I asked the assessor if she was working from home and the reply was no I am in the office which many can do with no problems as no claimants to see just phone conversations. My application was a change of circumstances applied in September 2020 received my award in March 2021. Now gone for an aMR.
    And???

Thats one HCP out of thousands. Not sure what the point being made is. 
Sign in or join us to comment.