DLA TO PIP waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA TO PIP waiting times

Options
sarah1977
sarah1977 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
Today i finally rang pip to see where they where upto with my daughters pip claim, she turned 16 in nov. Claim forms sent back mid Dec. 
The man told me that they recieved them 17th dec, ( oh and a lot of evidence.. his words). On the 18th dec it was sent to independant assessment services, he put me through to them so see where they where upto...
Snotty woman answered, telling me it hadnt been looked at yet, i asked her if it had been allocated to anyone, she said no sorry cant tell you how long... what a joke they are.

Comments

• sarah1977
    Options
    I have not been in formed that my daughters dla claim has been extended. And is due to end soon. And the PIP claim is counted as a new claim as she has never claimed it before not a change in circumstances. Its not DWP that im saying are jokes. Its the independsnt assesment services that my daughters claim has gone to. And that is my opinion and i stand by what i said. 
    Obviously covid19 has had an impact, thats why i have left it over 3 months to ring them. The lack of information is a dam joke. She wouldnt even tell me how back logged they where so i had a rough idea when it might be looked at. The man from PIP even  said im suprised we've not had anything back yet. 

As for the home schooling point and being carers..., ive had to do exactly the same as well as doing as much as i can for my sheilding mother and ive dam well managed. Bye
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mikehughescq, when I had my phone assessment I asked the assessor if she was working from home and the reply was no I am in the office which many can do with no problems as no claimants to see just phone conversations. My application was a change of circumstances applied in September 2020 received my award in March 2021. Now gone for an aMR.
  • sarah1977
    Options
    Wilko thank you. For the time scale. I hope ur MR is successful 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.