55+ Restrictions on housing is really getting me down — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

55+ Restrictions on housing is really getting me down

billandben
billandben Member Posts: 19 Connected
I am currently in temporay housing, due to having to leave my last property because my neighbour was making my mental health deteriorate more, LONG STORY.  Anyhow, i wanted to bid on a one bedroom ground floor flat as i also have bad legs but the age restriction is 55+ and i am only 45, i would be right round the corner from my best friend and next of kin as he comes and help me with daily living which includes going for my prescription ect.  is there anyway i can get around this issue. the flat i want has everything i need such as care link and grab rails.  i get so depressed when it says over 55 and start thinking of ageism.  Gan someone help me please if they have any idea how to help.  I have spoken to the housing officer but how conveinient she doesnt seem to be in the office this week.
She did say that is was due to it being warden controlled but come on now, not everyone is 55 and disabled.

Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.