MS or fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MS or fibromyalgia

natt37
natt37 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hi everyone hope you're all ok. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which runs in my family.   

I am very concerned I have been misdiagnosed, I have a head tremor (looks like I am saying no over and over) I also feel like I have a constant cold, runny nose and sore throat. Fatigue, headaches and so on. I don’t really get the chronic pain associated with fibro but I do have very bad restless leg syndrome. I feel weak like my body is failing.

Does anyone else here with fibro have tremors? Is what I am feeling fibro? I feel I was diagnosed too quickly because of the family history.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.    

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @natt37 welcome to the forum, might be best speaking with your Dr about how you feel. They would be best person to advice. Hopefully you get right answers and get sorted soon
  • natt37
    natt37 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi thank you for your reply, I am ringing the doctors on Monday morning. I have been trying to find fellow fibro sufferer's to see if they have similar symptom's but I cannot seem to find answers.   
  • natt37
    natt37 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Thank you so much for your thoughts. I am definitely going to push to be looked at more. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @natt37 :)

Welcome the community! It's good to have you on board.

Sorry that you've been having difficulty getting to the bottom of your diagnosis - but really glad to hear that you've found our members' responses helpful and supportive.

That sounds really positive - going back to your doctor and pushing to be looked at again. All the best with that and please do let us know how you get on :)

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.