Hi, my name is karen44! Can I claim PIP for lymphodema and planter Falicais? It's affecting my job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is karen44! Can I claim PIP for lymphodema and planter Falicais? It's affecting my job

karen44 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello just wondered if anyone knows if I can claim pip for lymphodema in both legs and planter Falicais in legs and I’ve got pain in them al while as it’s affecting my job 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,386 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome 

    Pip isnt about what condition you have bur about how your condition affects your daily living and mobility 

    I would start by looking at the descriptors and see if you think you would score enough points 

    Look on the pip  section on here and you will find them 

    Basically it has to affect your ability to complete some of the tasks like  dress , bath  prepare food , reading,  communication,  finance,  toileting , mobility to mention a few 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 9,610 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @karen44 :) How are you doing?

    As Janer1967 said, PIP is about how your condition affects you rather than your diagnosis. 

    You might like to have a look through pipinfo.net to understand the descriptors a little better.

    I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it slightly, so that other members can find it more easily. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,342 Disability Gamechanger
    Note also that PIP is not about work. If you have a health condition that limits your ability to work you would be looking at ESA and/or UC.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.