Hi, my name is karen44! Can I claim PIP for lymphodema and planter Falicais? It's affecting my job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is karen44! Can I claim PIP for lymphodema and planter Falicais? It's affecting my job

Options
karen44
karen44 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello just wondered if anyone knows if I can claim pip for lymphodema in both legs and planter Falicais in legs and I’ve got pain in them al while as it’s affecting my job 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

Pip isnt about what condition you have bur about how your condition affects your daily living and mobility 

I would start by looking at the descriptors and see if you think you would score enough points 

Look on the pip  section on here and you will find them 

Basically it has to affect your ability to complete some of the tasks like  dress , bath  prepare food , reading,  communication,  finance,  toileting , mobility to mention a few 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @karen44 :) How are you doing?

As Janer1967 said, PIP is about how your condition affects you rather than your diagnosis. 

You might like to have a look through pipinfo.net to understand the descriptors a little better.

I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it slightly, so that other members can find it more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Note also that PIP is not about work. If you have a health condition that limits your ability to work you would be looking at ESA and/or UC.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.