Dating and relationships
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

god i love them. Share the moment you knew your partner saw the person beyond the impairment

pattern1991pattern1991 Member Posts: 31 Courageous
edited March 28 in Dating and relationships
lets spread some joy and romance if you have had an able bodied partner what was the moment you knew they truly saw the person beyond the impairment t hat made you want to snog their faces off and you thought god i love them 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,522 Disability Gamechanger
    I wasn't in anyway disabled when I met my future wife 41 years ago, when I became disabled she stood by me and I love her more today than I did yesterday and will love her more tomorrow. She is my rock.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Welshjayne2021Welshjayne2021 Member Posts: 85 Courageous
    I think I realised that my partner saw past my physical impairment, was when he told to “wake up and smell the coffee “ by getting out of an engagement to someone I was engaged to for all the wrong reasons.  I was trying to escape an abusive, controlling mother. Guy made me see that I was worthy of far better things. And 38 years on with Guy I have had a fantastic life.
Sign in or join us to comment.