Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Live in Cornwall? Benefit from a free educational proramme
Monuments Matter to People
This project will give residents of Torpoint, Saltash and Liskeard the opportunity to join a free, varied educational programme at Maker Heights, Rame.
The course will run every Wednesday over 24-48 weeks and will provide:
- Educational skills in English, Maths and IT with the opportunity to gain qualifications
- Conservation training with a qualified Archaeologist
- Workshops from Samaritans on mental wellbeing and improving listening skills
- Opportunities to help preserve historic scheduled monuments
- Knowledge of a local Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)
Benefits of joining the programme
Monuments Matter is designed to help with the first step of getting back into work or education. This programme is also your chance to be involved in conserving the landscape, all while:
- Gaining education, training and life skills
- Improving your health and wellbeing
- Making long lasting connections to people and places
The project will fund all travel expenses and childcare costs incurred by those attending the course, and lunch will be provided.
How to get involved
If you are a resident of Torpoint, Saltash or Liskeard, aged 18 or over and are interested in hearing more about joining the project, please get in touch to confirm your eligibility.
Please note that only certain postcode areas will be eligible and applicants must be currently unemployed or economically inactive.
Telephone: 07597 528962
Email address: [email protected]
The Monuments Matter team hope that they will be able to start in April depending on government guidelines and restrictions.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments