CLAIM - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CLAIM

Options
2»

Comments

• kes2611
    kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    edited April 2021
    Options
    If i go over to UC i am in support group on income based ESA. Will i automatically go over to LCWRA without an assesenent or will i b reassased?  Also wld i have to wait 3 months for any money? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    If i go over to UC i am in support group on income based ESA. Will i automatically go over to LCWRA without an assesenent or will i b reassased?  Also wld i have to wait 3 months for any money? 
    You should automatically be treated as having LCWRA and receive the LCWRA element from the start of your claim as advised in my reply on 1st April.
    calcotti said: If you are in the ESA Support Group and apply for UC you will get the LCWRA element from the start of the UC claim. Make sure you understand what will be required of you in respect of managing the UC claim online before deciding to do this. If you also receive Housing Benefit or Tax Credits these will also stop if you apply for UC. There is no going back once UC is applied for.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kes2611
    Options
    I will have to speak to CAB cause i so cinfused.If i go over to uc from esa i thought my esa wld stop so why do they deduct it from my UC. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    I will have to speak to CAB cause i so cinfused.If i go over to uc from esa i thought my esa wld stop so why do they deduct it from my UC. 
    Your income based ESA will stop. If any of your ESA is contribution based it will continue and be deducted from the UC.
    Getting advice is clearly what you need to do, as suggested, because you are going round in circles in your various threads on the forum.
    When getting advice please ask them to explain to you how a UC claim is managed and what you will be expected to do.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kes2611
    Options
    I will do n thanku 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.