Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

CLAIM

kes2611kes2611 Member Posts: 118 Connected
edited April 3 in Universal Credit
I got a letter today sayin i have lost my pip. I not gonna bother to appeal.I am on ESA income based n in the support group,if i apply for uc will i automatically get the disabilty add on.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you lost your PIP 

What points did you score was it close to getting an award ? 

I will leave more expert members to advise about UC and what would be best for you 
  • kes2611kes2611 Member Posts: 118 Connected
    Got 4 for DL N 4 for mobility wich is load of ****
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,235 Pioneering
    kes2611 said:
    I got a letter today sayin i have lost my pip. I not gonna bother to appeal.I am on ESA income based n in the support group,if i apply for uc will i automatically get the disabilty add on.
    If you are in the ESA Support Group and apply for UC you will get the LCWRA element from the start of the UC claim. Make sure you understand what will be required of you in respect of managing the UC claim online before deciding to do this. If you also receive Housing Benefit or Tax Credits these will also stop if you apply for UC. There is no going back once UC is applied for.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    Incan get help with my houseing n council tax. What rate of LCWRA wld i get.It all so confusing
    I  am on ESA income based n in the support group.Have recently lost my pip so was gonna go on to universal credit.Wld i get the disability element
    If i am support group do i need to provide sick notes if i go over to UC n what rate wld i get.
    kes2611 said:
    Incan get help with my houseing n council tax. What rate of LCWRA wld i get.It all so confusing
    There is only one rate of LCWRA £341.92/month.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    Already answered in your thread here CLAIM — Scope | Disability forum
    So wld that b on top of my UC? 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,522 Disability Gamechanger
    @kes2611 you have one month to ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR), It's less hassle than a full appeal, could you get welfare rights or even CAB to give you some guidance on doing that?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,637 Disability Gamechanger
    kes2611 said:
    If i am support group do i need to provide sick notes if i go over to UC n what rate wld i get.
    If you're already in the SG then no. 
    edited April 1
    kes2611 said:
    So wld that b on top of my UC? 
    It's part of UC (in the same way the Support Group component is part of your ESA).

If you claim UC your income based ESA and your Housing Benefit will stop (there will be a two week run on). Your first UC payment will be one month and one week after you claim so you will have a gap of three and bit weeks between your last ESA/HB payments and UC.

You will have to manage your UC claim on line.

You can compare the amount of benefit you would get using a benefits calculator Benefits calculators - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). Bear in mind that UC is set to reduce by £86.67/month in October (unless the government change their mind).
    Can i send u an email as have few questions regarding UC. 
    edited April 1
    kes2611 said:
    Can i send u an email as have few questions regarding UC. 
    I will only respond on open thread.
    There is a lot of information here
    https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/
    Happy to reply to any questions you wish to post (insofar as I am able).
    Afternoon, now i have lost my pip i dont know wheather to go over to UC n get the extra disability money or stsy on ESA. On am income bssed n in the support group.Dont know if wld b better off on UC. 
    Am so confused bout UC. I dont know if to stay on ESA or go over to UC. For instance if i did the benefit calculator n it said 700 a month wld the LCWRA b added on top of that? 
    edited April 2
    kes2611 said:
    Am so confused bout UC. I dont know if to stay on ESA or go over to UC. For instance if i did the benefit calculator n it said 700 a month wld the LCWRA b added on top of that? 
    It depends what you put into the calculator. Did you enter information to say you had LCWRA/ESA Support Group?

If you currently get ESA Support Group and Housing Benefit then your UC claim will consist of the standard allowance, the LCWRA element and the housing element. If this is your only income then UC will pay a bit more than ESA.
    edited April 2
    deleted following merge of threads
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,039

Scope community team

I've merged your threads now @kes2611 :) I'm sorry to hear that you weren't successful in your PIP claim. Have you tried using the benefits calculator that calcotti sent the link to? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    It keeps giving different amounts.
    edited April 2
    kes2611 said:
    It keeps giving different amounts.
    In which case you are entering the information differently each time which indicates that you are not sure what you are doing. Because you obviously find this confusing it would be sensible to seek advice and get a benefits check carried out for you with someone who go through your full circumstances with you. https://advicelocal.uk
    edited April 3
    If i go over to UC i am in support group on income based ESA. Will i automatically go over to LCWRA without an assesenent or will i b reassased?  Also wld i have to wait 3 months for any money? 
    edited April 3
    kes2611 said:
    If i go over to UC i am in support group on income based ESA. Will i automatically go over to LCWRA without an assesenent or will i b reassased?  Also wld i have to wait 3 months for any money? 
    You should automatically be treated as having LCWRA and receive the LCWRA element from the start of your claim as advised in my reply on 1st April.
    calcotti said: If you are in the ESA Support Group and apply for UC you will get the LCWRA element from the start of the UC claim. Make sure you understand what will be required of you in respect of managing the UC claim online before deciding to do this. If you also receive Housing Benefit or Tax Credits these will also stop if you apply for UC. There is no going back once UC is applied for.

I will have to speak to CAB cause i so cinfused.If i go over to uc from esa i thought my esa wld stop so why do they deduct it from my UC. 
    edited April 3
    kes2611 said:
    I will have to speak to CAB cause i so cinfused.If i go over to uc from esa i thought my esa wld stop so why do they deduct it from my UC. 
    Your income based ESA will stop. If any of your ESA is contribution based it will continue and be deducted from the UC.
    Getting advice is clearly what you need to do, as suggested, because you are going round in circles in your various threads on the forum.
    When getting advice please ask them to explain to you how a UC claim is managed and what you will be expected to do.
    I will do n thanku 
Sign in or join us to comment.