Is anyone else suffering like me? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is anyone else suffering like me?

Options
Queenofdisabilities
Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
I have Ptsd,A major depresive illness,very bad depression & very bad anxiety.
I've had 7 nervous breakdowns been unde the 
Crisis Team all the staff were lovely.
It was  when i was put on recovery that my problems really started.
I wa given a named nurse & at first she always my calls & I was told another nurse would ring me once a week which she always does.
I said I can't do phone calls I end a visit once a week.
Each time I ring im told my nurse is out on visits.
She definitely isn't visiting me!
Its then I start getting seriously depressed.
I think why do other people get visits yet I don't?
I've been to hell & back so many times yet I don't 
warrant a visit?
I get really really upset & im so desperate to talk to my nurse & she isn't there to support me.
Its her job & she isn't doing it neither of my nurses visit me.
I rang their boss & got fobbed off.
1 of the nurses said when I rang theres only 4 of us working i said that isn't my problem.
Im deeply traumatised & im not being supported 
1 phone call a week does nothing for me.
I can't make calls i start crying & the psychological distress is way to m uch for me.
Id really like to make new friends so please please come & say hi I could really do with your support.
I got a questionnaire about mental health services in the Borough so my carer fille it in for me.
And I also wrote a letter explaining how im being treated by my my lead care who I don't speak to once a month like im meant to. & I certainly don't get visits every week like im supposes to.
I just end up in  floods of tears all the time 
I don't live I exist 1 day at a time I can't cope with anymore than that.
Im so deeply unhappy please come & make friends i really need friends right now.
I will help you if I can I will support you if possible.
And I will definitely advise you to the best of my ability.
I have a lot of illnesses & am mors than happy to educate anyone with the same illnesses as me.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Queenofdisabilities

That sounds like a tough position to be in, I'm sorry things are so hard.  I know it might not feel like much comfort but our mental health services are greatly under-resourced and working at low staffing ratios so the lack of face to face time will likely be a result of this, rather than anything personal.  This doesn't excuse your needs not being met however, and I'd recommend revisiting the issue with your named nurse to stress the risks this is posing to you and your health.  If this doesn't prove successful, you could liaise with the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) to investigate the situation further.

This Rethink Mental Illness webpage is a great resource on the next steps beyond this, including how to lodge a formal complaint if needs be. 

It's great that you want to connect with others and I know I find talking and resonating with others stories soothing  <3  Look after yourself and always remember we're here to support you too. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    @Queenofdisabilities
    hi there I’m sorry for how your feeling right now I completely understand . I find the crisis team and home based treatment teams work really fast where as the community nurses do take there time . 

My nurse calls me every other week and has recently started to visit me . I relapsed recently and now in a mental health hospital.  There’s only so much they can do over the phone they do need to be visiting people but covid has really limited them , I feel your frustration tho I have Been in hospital for a week and my community nurse hasn’t even rang me to see if I’m ok . It’s good that your under mental health services but I understand your frustration I was getting better but relapsed I really hope that doesn’t happen to you keep communicating with the crisis team and with them even tho it’s frustrating, x 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Queenofdisabilities I'm sorry to hear you feel as you do, but times are not as they should be and I think it's correct to say that care has been badly effected by the pandemic, hopefully things will start to improve as the weeks go on. I'm certain that many others are having the same problem, I'm not saying it's right but it is what it is for now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.