Tinnitus misery — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tinnitus misery

Options
Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
I suffer from Tinnitus,  probably brought on after years of working in manufacturing when health and safety was nowhere as good as it is now. I believe there is nothing that can help or be done about it. People like me just have to put up and manage with a constant ringing or buzzing in the head. Looking around online there are many offers of help with all sorts of magical potions, all unsupported by medical people and organisations, even the official tinnitus associations have no real solutions to the problem.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, idea's ECT on this?

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is no cure as yet of course but I have found some relief by listening to the sound of the sea lapping on a shore. Probably any white noise would help a little but don’t use it louder than the tinnitus.

basically however I have just got used to it over the course of six years or so, so much so that these days it can help me tune out during meditation. I have very loud tinnitus too so I never thought I’d get used to it at all!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.