Sentences — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sentences

Options
foodie
foodie Community member Posts: 163 Courageous
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hey I've recently been to court I've been given a 5 year order I don't have family im one month in I'm looking to turn my life around but I need to start making new friends and start chatting to nice people ? I thought here would be am.ideal place to meet and chat to nice people I need help getting though my 5 year order from court ???

Comments

• foodie
    Options
    Hey I've recently been to court I've been given a 5 year order I don't have family im one month in I'm looking to turn my life around but I need to start making new friends and start chatting to nice people ? I thought here would be am.ideal place to meet and chat to nice people I need help getting though my 5 year order from court ???
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Everyone here will be happy to support you along the way. It's great you're turning your life around. :)
  • foodie
    Options
    Thank you I've got probation for 3 years that's fine is there others  here who been to court similar to myself am.I the only or going though this ??? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can't say I recall anyone on the community mentioning they were in a similar situation to you unfortunately @foodie. Have you thought about maybe joining a club or group in your local area to help you meet new people? Perhaps there's a cooking group you could join? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • foodie
    Options
    I'm nervous around meeting new people my support works wants me to mix with others but cos of my past I'm nervous I was thinking about it I would like to have friends ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can definitely feel nerve wracking to meet new people @foodie, but surrounding yourself with people who have a positive influence on you can be a really good thing. I know I can often find it less nerve wracking to meet new people if I know that there's an activity or focus, as this gives you some common ground straight away and takes the pressure off a bit. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • foodie
    Options
    There is a place where only disabilied people go they do activities days out play games stuff like that I went once a year ago I might go again later can I still use this too if I go.to it to chat on here as well as go to this place ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    foodie said:
    There is a place where only disabilied people go they do activities days out play games stuff like that I went once a year ago I might go again later can I still use this too if I go.to it to chat on here as well as go to this place ?
    Of course you can, you're always welcome here :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.