Sentences — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sentences

foodie
foodie Community member Posts: 163 Courageous
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hey I've recently been to court I've been given a 5 year order I don't have family im one month in I'm looking to turn my life around but I need to start making new friends and start chatting to nice people ? I thought here would be am.ideal place to meet and chat to nice people I need help getting though my 5 year order from court ???

Comments

• foodie
    Hey I've recently been to court I've been given a 5 year order I don't have family im one month in I'm looking to turn my life around but I need to start making new friends and start chatting to nice people ? I thought here would be am.ideal place to meet and chat to nice people I need help getting though my 5 year order from court ???
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Everyone here will be happy to support you along the way. It's great you're turning your life around. :)
  • foodie
    Thank you I've got probation for 3 years that's fine is there others  here who been to court similar to myself am.I the only or going though this ??? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't say I recall anyone on the community mentioning they were in a similar situation to you unfortunately @foodie. Have you thought about maybe joining a club or group in your local area to help you meet new people? Perhaps there's a cooking group you could join? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • foodie
    I'm nervous around meeting new people my support works wants me to mix with others but cos of my past I'm nervous I was thinking about it I would like to have friends ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It can definitely feel nerve wracking to meet new people @foodie, but surrounding yourself with people who have a positive influence on you can be a really good thing. I know I can often find it less nerve wracking to meet new people if I know that there's an activity or focus, as this gives you some common ground straight away and takes the pressure off a bit. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • foodie
    There is a place where only disabilied people go they do activities days out play games stuff like that I went once a year ago I might go again later can I still use this too if I go.to it to chat on here as well as go to this place ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    foodie said:
    There is a place where only disabilied people go they do activities days out play games stuff like that I went once a year ago I might go again later can I still use this too if I go.to it to chat on here as well as go to this place ?
    Of course you can, you're always welcome here :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness