Hi, my name is Nefer! Why aren't we informed if we'll get ESA late due to claim being rebuilt? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nefer! Why aren't we informed if we'll get ESA late due to claim being rebuilt?

Options
Nefer
Nefer Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was expecting an ESA payment today which didn't arrive, I called them to enquire as to what was happening...to be told that my claim was being rebuilt. 
I have read others complaints on this and the replies they received which has been a great help.
My question is though, if they know this is happening, why don't they inform us, so we have a chance to budget or at least be aware of the situation?
Why does the system wait for us to call them in a panic to inform us this is happening?
We are expected to inform them immediately of any changes, why are they not expected to do the same for us?
This has caused me so much extra stress in an already difficult time.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry to hear of your problems with your esa . I agree with what you are saying but don't know if it will ever be an issue they rectify 
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    What does being “rebuilt” mean? I’ve never heard of the before. Xx 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means there has been a problem on their system with the 9ersibs claim si they have to reenter all the details 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Nefer and welcome to the community, glad you've joined us.

Very valid point, I think there does need to be better communication to claimants, which will help to reduce situations where something ends up making somebody really worried.

Hopefully everything gets resolved for you soon.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.