What is the remedy? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

What is the remedy?

Can someone advise of appropriate remedy and consequences in a situation where DWP mislead Tribunal, then admitted to lying after the matter was remitted by the Upper Tribunal?


  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 7,454 Scope online community team
    Hi @Peter99

    Sorry to read this happened to you, if your issue is with the DWP specifically, you could look into making a complaint. You can find out further information about how to do that here.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Peter99
    Peter99 Member Posts: 65 Connected
    In 2018, DWP told the DTJ that they had made full disclosure to 2011-FtT.  The matter was sent back by UT and then DWP admitted to the new FtT that the statement of 2018 to DTJ is incorrect. 
    The first Tribunal decision of 2011 later resulted in a criminal conviction, due to the fact that non-disclosure by DWP denied the claimant the evidence that could have assisted him at both Tribunal and criminal proceedings. How could injustice be corrected and how do we put an end to this unjust DWP practice ?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.