Anyone else? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else?

Options
Queenofdisabilities
Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
I was a young healthy very fit woman of 30.
I was always very sporty played hockey,netball for school,was netball captain/coach  to the younger girls in my house.
I ram 100 & 200 metres played tennis.
I really looked after myself.
I played netball for a team when I was 27 & pregnant with my daughter.
I only stopped when my netball skirt wouldn't fit over my bump!
My daughter was 2 years 8 months old when I started going out & my legs would give way.
Strangers brought me home.
It happened quite a few times before I was rushed into hospital for 7 months of scans,blood tests x rays & 5 days at a time sedation.
After 7 months the big day finally came.
I took 1 look at the Consultants face.
He knew me  as we often worked together.
I said oh no thats a bad news face.
I said come  on put me out of my misery.
Whats wrong with me?
Im so sorry <moderator removed personal detail> I don't quite know how to say this.
I said tell me!!!!
He said im so sorry but we don't know whats wrong with uou!!
I said yes but you must do?
You were my last hope.
To say I was totally devastated is an understatement.
I spent 2 years in a wheel chair bed bound wheelchair bound.
I could never sleep in hospital so I taught myself to walk again.
Im so seriously proud of myself its a massive achievement & im so so glad I did it.
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Queenofdisabilities Blimey what an inspirational story that is.  I mean, playing netball while pregnant seems impossible to me at the moment  :D but also using your own determination to learn to walk again is quite something.  I'm very proud of you! 

Just to inform you - I've edited out your first name from your post to protect your identity (see our online community guidelines for more about what content is/isn't permitted).  Whilst, I'd also be interested to hear if this has happened to any of our other members.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.