PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I got paid by DWP, but I haven't received my decision letter. Could it be my PIP award?

Gobbygirl66Gobbygirl66 Member Posts: 21 Listener
edited April 12 in PIP, DLA and AA
Good evening everyone,online bank account today shows a payment from dw paid 9th April I have not been informed with any letter do you think it is a pip payment because I have had my assessment and got my report but no decision letter.

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,241 Pioneering
    Payments and letters are usually issued simultaneously and the payments arrive before the letters. You can expect a letter shortly.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,229

Scope community team

Well, if you have no other reason to be paid by the DWP @Gobbygirl66 then it must be that :) Hopefully you do get a letter soon though, to confirm it.

Does the bank transaction give any further information about the payment? In some cases, not sure if this is wide spread or not, it can say PIP at the end of the name of who has paid you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,293 Disability Gamechanger
    sounds like it’s the back payment.you will get an award notification letter with full details of money paid into your account and details of your next and regular payments . Keep the award notification letter safe as if you have been awarded mobility part and drive a car you can claim a 50% or 100% discount on road tax depending on standard or enhanced mobility. If you are awarded enhanced mobility then if you want you can think about leasing a mobility car from the mobility scheme.
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,241 Pioneering
    Award letter can also support a Blue Badge application depending on where points are scored.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.