I got paid by DWP, but I haven't received my decision letter. Could it be my PIP award? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I got paid by DWP, but I haven't received my decision letter. Could it be my PIP award?

Gobbygirl66
Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening everyone,online bank account today shows a payment from dw paid 9th April I have not been informed with any letter do you think it is a pip payment because I have had my assessment and got my report but no decision letter.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Payments and letters are usually issued simultaneously and the payments arrive before the letters. You can expect a letter shortly.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Well, if you have no other reason to be paid by the DWP @Gobbygirl66 then it must be that :) Hopefully you do get a letter soon though, to confirm it.

Does the bank transaction give any further information about the payment? In some cases, not sure if this is wide spread or not, it can say PIP at the end of the name of who has paid you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    sounds like it’s the back payment.you will get an award notification letter with full details of money paid into your account and details of your next and regular payments . Keep the award notification letter safe as if you have been awarded mobility part and drive a car you can claim a 50% or 100% discount on road tax depending on standard or enhanced mobility. If you are awarded enhanced mobility then if you want you can think about leasing a mobility car from the mobility scheme.
  • calcotti
    Award letter can also support a Blue Badge application depending on where points are scored.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jcat
    jcat Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I also recived a substantial amount into my bank 2 working week after assesment but still no letter 
  • meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    Hi 
    I have paid but my pip letter not arrived yet because I want to get taxi card they  want proff I call them ask them letter said we gone send still wait when I will get my letter please any advice  

• camalapen7
    camalapen7 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    You usually receive a payment before a letter confirming pip. 
  • meymay93
    Hi 
    I have paid but my pip letter not arrived yet because I want to get taxi card they  want proff I call them ask them letter said we gone send still wait when I will get my letter please any advice  

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    meymay93 said:
    Hi 

It’s not unusual for the decision letter to arrive after any money owed is paid into your bank. Very often it takes up to a couple of weeks to receive the letter. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adeline
    Adeline Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    How long ago did you ask for the letter @meymay93? It can sometimes take as much as two weeks from my experience. 
  • calcotti
    edited February 2023
    The payment on your bank statement will usually say DWP PIP alongside it. 
    Adeline said:
    How long ago did you ask for the letter @meymay93? It can sometimes take as much as two weeks from my experience. 
    They haven't for a letter just received a payment and is therefore expecting a letter. As advised by poppy, following a decision the letter takes longer to arrive than the payment.
  • meymay93
    Hi 
    Now 3 week ask them my letter said we will send you but not arrived yet I am worrying lot I ask my friend some time they not send letter but how I claim taxi card and bus pass thank you so much   

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.