Welfare rights / CAB / am I missing something ?? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Welfare rights / CAB / am I missing something ??

Options
2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    from their website;

We can help with questions and problems on a wide range of social security benefit and tax credit issues. We offer services to the public, and to advisers and other organisations.
    How can we help?
    If you need advice on a benefit issue, we can:
    •Give you information on what benefits you might be entitled to and how to claim them.
    •Check that you are getting the right amount of benefit.
    •Advise you on what will happen if your circumstances change.
    Acting on your behalf
    If you've recently had a benefit claim turned down and are appealing against this, we can act on your behalf and provide representation.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 165 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    from their website;

We can help with questions and problems on a wide range of social security benefit and tax credit issues. We offer services to the public, and to advisers and other organisations.
    How can we help?
    If you need advice on a benefit issue, we can:
    •Give you information on what benefits you might be entitled to and how to claim them.
    •Check that you are getting the right amount of benefit.
    •Advise you on what will happen if your circumstances change.
    Acting on your behalf
    If you've recently had a benefit claim turned down and are appealing against this, we can act on your behalf and provide representation.
    Seems like they’ll only step in once the application has been refused and I’m appealing ??‍♀️
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 165 Pioneering
    Options
    Durham WRS are excellent but, like all services, decisions get made on where resources are best used. It looks like CitA do form filling and MRs whilst the WRS do appeals. So, at this stage 2 choices:

1 - do your own UC50.
    2 - back to CitA and push for something better.

You seem articulate enough to do your own. Lots of people think WR advisers have access to some magical legal language or knowledge that will enable them to better complete forms. That’s simply untrue. A UC50 is much the same as an ESA50. View each question as including the words “repeatedly and in a work context” and provide one or two real world examples of incidents which have occurred related to each descriptor and away you go. 
    I have been filling in my own PIP forms but after being rejected twice I thought I’d better get some help. I’ve recently been feeling so extremely fatigued all the time, apparently they think I have got some autoimmune disorder as recent tests indicate. Sometimes I just feel like recording my whole day and sending it to DWP as evidence. I really don’t know where I’m going wrong. I’ve been very critical of my evidence since you pointed out on my other post. Everything seems to be fine, real life examples, support letters, letters from carers, medical reports, letters from mental health team, even some pages from my session notes from therapy. Yet they think I’m completely fine! Ah well.. I hope the Durham welfare team  does help if it comes to the appeal stage. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.