Hi, my name is zackweb23! My assessment was draining, and I had no time to answer the questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is zackweb23! My assessment was draining, and I had no time to answer the questions

zackweb23
zackweb23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my assement today it was draining. The assesser kept asking question but wouldn't give me time to answer her. When I said if you give me time to answer, she said I was aggressive to her. told her Im not being agressive just in pain and need time to answer her I became upset. To which she said I can stop this appointment now it was up to me as I applied for pip it was my chose. I've had Osteoarthritis bursits in hips knees and ankle along with polyarthriagiain in hips knees and ankle both hands including thumb base history of psoriasis Hypertension. I had a knee operation in 2014 due to a fall over my cruciate snapped before that my leg broke in two places 3 years befor the operation. 
no due to medication I have hernia  which isnt getting better and the latest my bowl has colapsed rectoele I think the doctor called it and am waiting hospital appointment to get it sorted. 
Why do people have to go through all these question when ill its not like I claim because my husband is retired due to ill health and because he gets a pension im not entitled to anything but yet i have worked and paid taxes its all very wrong?

Comments

• SuePaul07
    SuePaul07 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hi Zackweb23.  Yes, it is all very unfair and the attitude of the assessors is appalling.  I really hope you get an award.
    Best wishes
    Sue

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."  Theodore Roosevelt - "The Man in the Arena" - a speech given at the Sorbonne, Paris on 23.04.1910.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zackweb23 -  & welcome to the community. I hope you have recovered from your assessment, & are feeling a little better today. In about a week's time you can ring the DWP & ask for a copy of the assessor's report. The decision maker usually goes with this, but not always, so you will still have to wait for the actual decision letter.
  • zackweb23
    zackweb23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you, for that. I have made a complaint to the DWP about her. not that anything will be done. She said she was a nurse. I dont belive for one second a nurse would carry on the way she conducted that assessment and if she was she must be tired of her job.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sorry to hear about your assessment I think sometimes the assessors are under a lot of pressure but that isn't an excuse 

Fingers crossed the outcome is better than the assessment 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear that you found your assessment to be so draining @zackweb23. Hopefully, you have had a chance to rest and recover from the experience over the past couple of days?

Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome from your assessment - and I also hope that you hear something soon about your follow-up hospital appointment. 

Do keep in touch to let us know how you get on, and feel free to let us know if you have any questions or you would like some additional support with anything.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.